1986 Mercedes Benz 500SL (R107)
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"I just wanted to thank you for the beautiful 1974 XJ6 that I have purchased from you. I live north of Auckland and so I did not view the car prior to purchase, but after speaking with Jesmond I did have the confidence to buy the car from the photos only. I’m very happy to say that my confidence was not misplaced and when the car arrived on the transporter this morning I was totally thrilled with the car. I have wanted one of these cars for 50 years and now I have achieved my ambition! Many thanks once again, I would recommend your company and service to anyone."Bob Stride, Auckland, New Zealand
The 500SL must be the worlds most under appreciated car and this car can best be described as a gentleman's muscle car with plenty of torque, fantastic speed and handling capabilities in the right hands.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- It is built like a tank and utterly reliable, even after 34 years.
- Disk brakes all round / ABS / 240bhp / these came with the updated 4 speed, silky smooth gearbox / sumptuous ride quality.
- Great to use as a Sunday Classic or a daily driver - relatively trouble free model, so you should have no problems with it.
- Comes with hard top and Soft top.In the summer it's a great, breezy convertible with a dark and cozy canvas hood, and in the winter it's a quiet, brightly lit coupe.
- Good acceleration and lovely, sophisticated cruiser - the subtle rumble of that V8 is a source of joy - it pulls strongly from low rpm and economy is better than most modern SUVs.
- Imported from Japan - border checked in NZ in 2017 - first registered here in 2019.
- Chain tensioners and timing chains, and servicing done only a month ago.
- Conventional, water cooled four stroke, reciprocating piston type with 8 cylinders in Vee configuration / Overhead Camshaft / Bosch electronic fuel injection system.
- Good straight, rust free body - very nice original paintwork.
- Original interior in nice condition throughout.
- Good tires. Good battery.
The R107 generation of Mercedes SL lasted 18 years. In our opinion, this is an over engineered Classic Car, that will only appreciate in value. Its well priced and all ready for you to enjoy!
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.