1986 Mercedes Benz 500SL (R107)
Call Us On
Share With Friends
The 500SL must be the worlds most under appreciated car and this car can best be described as a gentleman's muscle car with plenty of torque, fantastic speed and handling capabilities in the right hands.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- It is built like a tank and utterly reliable, even after 34 years.
- Disk brakes all round / ABS / 240bhp / these came with the updated 4 speed, silky smooth gearbox / sumptuous ride quality.
- Great to use as a Sunday Classic or a daily driver - relatively trouble free model, so you should have no problems with it.
- Comes with hard top and Soft top.In the summer it's a great, breezy convertible with a dark and cozy canvas hood, and in the winter it's a quiet, brightly lit coupe.
- Good acceleration and lovely, sophisticated cruiser - the subtle rumble of that V8 is a source of joy - it pulls strongly from low rpm and economy is better than most modern SUVs.
- Imported from Japan - border checked in NZ in 2017 - first registered here in 2019.
- Chain tensioners and timing chains, and servicing done only a month ago.
- Conventional, water cooled four stroke, reciprocating piston type with 8 cylinders in Vee configuration / Overhead Camshaft / Bosch electronic fuel injection system.
- Good straight, rust free body - very nice original paintwork.
- Original interior in nice condition throughout.
- Good tires. Good battery.
The R107 generation of Mercedes SL lasted 18 years. In our opinion, this is an over engineered Classic Car, that will only appreciate in value. Its well priced and all ready for you to enjoy!
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry