1985 Jaguar XJ-S 3.6 (Manual)
Call Us On
Share With Friends
This is a RARE car.
The Jaguar XJ-S was built from 1975-96 and replaced the E-Type.
Its a hefty coupe with slab sides and flying buttresses, built on a shortened XJ6 sedan chassis. Despite some grumbles, the XJ-S (then XJS) was in production for 20 years, selling a record 84,104 coupes.
The XJ-S's job was to continue in the spirit of the E-type Series 3...and while the XJ-S might not have been a nimble road racer, it was a brilliant grand tourer.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- The XJ-S version came out as a coupé, targas and convertibles. Most had the 5.3L V12 engine, but only 1,143 units were produced with the reliable 3.6L like this one. Also, the Jaguar XJS is known for its automatic transmission. Only a very small number of them ( I believe just over 100) were made with a 5 speed (Getrag 265) manual transmission. This is one of them, a real must-have for Jaguar collectors.
- Comes with light power-assisted steering and high gearing.
- It is in very beautiful condition. The vehicle starts directly and idles nicely. The manual gearbox shifts smoothly through all gears, it’s truly a pleasure to drive. It brakes properly and the engine compartment looks fresh and neat.
- The car’s paint is very good.
- The car is equipped with the original leather which is in excellent condition - as is the rest of the interior.
- Comes with original alloy Jaguar rims.
- Jaguar Handbook and various maintenance records available.
- STUNNING CAR
The XJ-S remained in production for more than 20 years – the longest run of any Jaguar – and went on to become a financial success for the company, with the last car coming off the line in 1996. It sold more than the E-type, too.
Reality is that the best cars are starting to appreciate. Condition is everything, and Manual examples are rarely offered, so don't wait too long. Try buying before they start matching the prices of the Etype.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to become the new owner of this timeless classic Jaguar!
Car will be sold WOF'd and registered.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing By Appointment Only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.