1985 Ford Capri Mk3 2.8i V6 'Special'
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Hi Jesmond and Gloria , I am very impressed with the very professional way you conducted the recent sale of my treasured Classic Car for me. Your communications , assistance , your web site and courteous manner were exemplary at all times . You have both been a pleasure to deal with . Many Thanks ."Terry Moses, Masterton, New Zealand
Nowadays making their way in the finest car collections, the Ford Capri gets you back in touch with how the basics of how cars handle!
The 2.8i featured numerous improvements over standard MkIII Capris including halogen headlamps, pepperpot alloys and a five-speed gearbox, with later 2.8i Special models (like this one) gaining a colour-coded front grille, half-leather interior, limited slip differential and seven spoke RS wheels.
Bar the top of the range 280 ‘Brooklands’, the 2.8-litre injection and 2.8i Special Capris are the ones to have. Though the 2.8i has less torque than the 3-litre Essex engine, it requires less maintenance and is more fuel efficient – perfect if you need reliable transport and not just a show queen. 160bhp may not seem a lot nowadays, but like so many cars, it’s the way the power is delivered that makes it such a hoot to drive.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Low Mileage Example with only 95815 Miles - this has not been round.
- Amazingly, it still has its original Ford stereo casette player with original chrome tape button - very typical of the period.
- Recaro seats in amazing condition - a real feature of these cars.
- Still on its original three spoke Ford Steering wheel - something you don't often see on these cars nowadays.
- This car is full with its original Ford features from the period, which is how we like them.
- A proper GT Coupe with a big engine up front - this is a very lively car and lots of straightforward fun.
- An uncomplicated piece of machinery that drives beautifully
- Stunning rust free body and beautiful paintwork
- Interior immaculate - comes with factory sunroof
- Clean engine bay and as you may see from photos even the boot area is honest and original as.
- A very original example in stunning order - its a a bit like an Aston without the pretensions.
- This car was an owner import from the UK and was first registered in NZ in 1996.
- Not excluding that it may have had some touch ups over the years, looks to be a completely factory, unrestored, unmolested example.
These cars are becoming really sought after and hard to come by. With prices going up almost monthly, we suggest that you don't sit on your laurels waiting for the price to come down because it wont :). If anything, prices will only go up and saying to yourself, I should have bought it when I had the chance won't help either.
These final Capris are fine blends of low cost fun and distinct style. Seriously now, you can view a 2.8i as a seven-tenths Aston Martin. The promise of affordable fun continues to live on with the Capri.
Car will be sold WOF'd and registered if sold in New Zealand.
FINANCE PACKAGES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST!
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.