1984 Mercedes-Benz 280E
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"I had been looking for some months to purchase another classic car when I came across a 1998 Jaguar XJ8. Jesmond gave me the history of the car and explained everything he knew about the car. I found Jesmond to be extremely helpful, courteous, honest and a true gentleman. When I went with my son to collect the car, it was in a sparkling condition after a wash and polish with a nice bottle of wine in the back seat. Such a treat! I am absolutely thrilled with my purchase and would not hesitate in dealing with Jesmond again."Pamela Bell, Christchurch, New Zealand
These cars were about doing business in the real world. In the sometimes flaky genre of old cars I have occasionally allowed myself to think that the W123 might just be a bit too sensible, reliable and practical to qualify as a ‘true’ classic.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- A very fine, NZ New example of a rare 280E W123 model.
- Being a 280E, its the highest spec of the W123 series, and therefore its the Collector's choice.
- The 280E features a fuel injected M110 engine, which is famous for bullet proof reliability, its smoothness and huge amounts of power! The 280E also features larger more beautiful rear bumpers, and more chrome detailing.
- Straight body that looks to be clean of any rust.
- Beautiful paintwork.
- This example features an electronically operated sunroof, electric windows, beautiful MB Tex interior, and air conditioning (which may need re gassing or servicing). Note: Heater works great and air con will not be serviced as part of the sale.
- Great provenance comes with the car, as you can see in the photos, including some service records, manuals, ownership papers, and original certificate of registration, which shows the car was first registered on the 3rd of December 1984 in Wellington.
- The car starts right away, and drives very nicely. Had new brakes, rotors, caliper repairs, exhaust repairs, spark plugs, new fuel pump fitted last year.
- Beautiful interior with minor hairline cracks in the dashboard, as expected from this model given its age.
The 280E is perhaps the best looking of all the Mercedes saloons, the more compact body better balanced in line, the wide wheels and grille more in harmony with the squatter appeal of the slightly wedge-shaped body than with the lines of the S-class.
To own a W123 is to make an investment in safety, reliability and superb build quality, secure in the knowledge that you’re driving a product of the largest research and development budget in the world, from a firm that was at the top of its game.
I can only explain it as a certain feeling of solidity that you either buy into or you don’t. Personally, I think it is possibly the best volume production Mercedes yet and for me it is a case of total respect.
This is a lovely car presented in excellent running order and we would therefore urge interested parties to contact us ASAP to avoid any disappointment.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.