1984 Mercedes-Benz 240TD
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"I recently bought an XJS from Waimak Classic Cars. Bought sight unseen.The process was very smooth and professional.Road transported to Coromandel without a hitch and arrived in A1 condition. Exactly as described - in fact, better than I had expected ! I am looking forward to getting out and about in the car around the Coromandel Peninsula over the coming summer. If you are considering buying a car from Jesmond and Gloria - do so with absolute confidence."Paul Barlow, Coromandel, New Zealand
For many, the Mercedes-Benz W123 series is the ultimate classic Mercedes – and with good reason.
It is really one of the simplest classics you can buy, and if you take your time and buy well, you will be rewarded with many years of enjoyable fault free motoring.
A truly traditional Mercedes and the end of an era, with the quality of its successors suffering – there is very little that breaks on a well kept W123.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- A very rare example of what is widely considered the Best Station Wagon ever built. Seriously, this is one of the best diesel cars out there.
- Comes with fully operational sunroof.
- Very comfortable and economical to drive.
- Very reliable car - these were cars built with longevity in mind - bulletproof motor that could probably do a million miles if serviced regularly and maintained properly.
- Nice straight body and good paint - lovely colour scheme.
- Manual Transmission - All Mercedes-Benz W123 manual gearboxes are built to last.
- Power assisted Steering and Servo-assisted disc brakes.
- The interior is spacious and comfy and upholstery / hood lining etc all in good original condition - being trimmed the old fashioned way rather than with material glued to a substrate.
- Excellent build quality. Iron block + iron head = zero gasket issues and guaranteed reliability. One of the very short list of vehicles that can withstand brutal roads and not fall apart.
- Parts are readily available, as over 2 million of these were produced. These were made to be taken apart, fixed, and put back together. No plastic clips holding door panels on either. The doors sound like a bank vault when shut.
- Owner import from UK - first registered in New Zealand in 1987.
- Definitely a car with soul.
- Rare & Desirable.
There's something special about driving an old car. Sure they may not have the safety of a new car, they may not perform as well, but they have something few new cars have, character.
If its important to make a high quality purchase; a classic car, that was well engineered and well built in its time, then this Mercedes-Benz W123 station wagon ticks just about every box for an everyday classic driver. It was a great car when new and they are incredibly rare to come by nowadays.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing BY Appointment Only!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.