1984 Daimler 4.2 (Series 3) Vanden Plas
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"We are delighted to tell you that our MG has arrived safely in Auckland on schedule. We are thrilled as the car far exceeds our expectations and it looks stunning. Dealing with Jesmond has been easy and straight forward. Your media, the detailing of the car and your communication has been to a very high standard. We felt from the start we could place our trust in you and that you would deliver. This was done to our complete satisfaction and we are happy for you to tell others of our experience. It has been a pleasure dealing with you and we look forward to meeting you sometime as we feel we have got to know you so well. Best wishes for the future."Jane & Peter, Warkworth, Auckland
The Series 3 models were produced from February 1979.
The main difference from the earlier model was the Pininfarina restyled higher roof line which provided more headroom and a larger glass area.
The front door quarterlights were eliminated as was the vinyl covering to the roof and the rear light clusters were altered. The advanced Lucas-Bosch 'L-Jetronic' electronic fuel injection system was standardised on the 4.2 litre six-cylinder model giving an increased maximum power of 30bhp.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This Daimler 4.2 Vanden Plas is equipped with the model 66 transmission.
- With the inclusion of several mechanical refinements and better insulation, these cars were very quiet and with their special trim and unique paint colours, the Vanden Plas Daimlers provided exclusivity at the top of the British Leyland model range.
- Comes with servo assisted disc brakes all round with ventilated discs at the front.
- Stainless steel sculptured wheel trims with smooth hubcaps and wrap-around chrome and rubber bumpers plus external door handles were now flush fitting.
- Many of the features offered as 'extras' on other models in the Jaguar/Daimler range were included as standard equipment in the Vanden Plas models. These included fully automatic air-conditioning, tinted glass, chromium waist mouldings and coachline, stereo radio/cassette player with 4 speakers, electric aerial, leather exclusive Vanden Plas style upholstery, front and rear seat headrests, inertia reel rear seatbelts, luxurious nylon rugs to all passenger footwells, Asian burr walnut veneered facia and door fillets, twin front foglights, quartz halogen headlamps, electric remote control for both door mirrors, adjustable reading lights, headlamp wash/wipe and front seat electric adjustment.
- This car also comes with factory sunroof and and a trip computer on the redesigned central console, which was at the time offered as an Extra cost item on the 4.2
- The Vanden Plas models ceased production in Autumn 1983 after 1159 Double-Six and 698 4.2 litre had been made.
- This car is in very good order - beautiful paintwork - straight body - immaculate upholstery and interior. Hoodlining good. Original carpets in very good condition.
- Drives beautifully with working aircon - so comfortable and plush to drive.
- We understand this car to have been an owner import. It was imported and first registered in New Zealand in 1987 - only two years after it was purchased new in the UK.
- Car has had 7 owners from new.
- Various Servicing & Maintenance Records available.
- ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!
For those who are not familiar with Vanden Plas cars, Vanden Plas originated in Belgium, although the name derives from the Dutch, and to be grammatically correct should be expressed Van der Plas. Today most people will connect Vanden Plas with the more up market Austin Rover Products, but in the past they were coach-builders for Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Alvis, Daimler and Lagonda and many more. It is said that up to 1939, no two bodies by Vanden Plas were identical.
This is a rare car, especially in New Zealand. If you love Series 3's, well, you cant get any better than this. Highly collectable and desirable.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Will be sold WOF’d and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.