1983 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3 Sovereign
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Hi Jesmond, The Daimler Double Six you sold me late last year has been an absolute pleasure. Its a great car for weekends away and Sunday drives. It was also my main car for a while and was fabulous and faultless. Thanks again for your service; efficiency, honesty and integrity over the sale. I'd not hesitate to buy another car off you again and have recommended you to many people."Garry Butler, Wellington, New Zealand
A most beautiful XJ6 Series 3 Sovereign!
After early doubts were allayed, the Series III established itself as one of the best Jaguars of all, with the injected 4.2-litre coming out as the pick of the crop.
It might be more than 50 years old but, to me, the Jaguar XJ6 remains the perfect British saloon car.
It’s also the perfect British compromise, a skillful blend of earlier, well-proven concepts and components, massaged and refined into a beautiful new shape.
This long-running benchmark of saloon-car refinement was a masterful fusion of tradition and modernity such that no subsequent Jaguar saloon – indeed, perhaps no other saloon car from any manufacturer – has ever recaptured its brilliance.
It could hardly have been otherwise, benefiting as it did from the taste and judgement of Sir William Lyons. As well as being that curious combination of hard-nosed tycoon and artist, Lyons had an equal talent for nurturing the best engineering brains in the industry; the likes of Bob Knight, Wally Hassan and, perhaps most important of all, Technical Director Bill Heynes.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Only three Owners from new, this car is an owner import vehicle. The owner brought it from the UK with him to New Zealand and was first registered here in 1987.
- Fantastic condition inside and out. For many people this svelte classic was the last "real" Jaguar and, since its demise in 1993, the company has struggled to produce anything that looks quite as good without descending into the realms of pastiche. To the consternation of the current Browns Lane regime, perhaps, the Series 3 continues to define what many people think of as a Jaguar, with that slim, airy roofline and beautiful curves around the headlights that, in steel, only intensive hand-finishing can produce.
- This is not just a nicely restored old Jag but an original survivor - a classic that can be used as a Sunday car or as a daily driver.
- The smoothness, torque and glamour of this beauty is unparalleled. As for size, there isn't as much in it as you might think: modern cars have become so bloated that the XJ now resembles some kind of low-slung, four-door sports car in its proportions.
- Original Certificate of Registration available with car.
- Straight, rust free body - beautiful in Sage Green. Paint is in great order.
- Five Pirelli Tyres on Pepperpots
- Integrated bumpers.
- Interior is immaculate save some usual veneer cracking on the center console.
- Superb leather and rare burled walnut.
- Runs and drives beautifully - smooth and precise steering thanks to its rack and pinion system
- Fully independent suspension on all four wheels gives you a constant sense of control regardless of road surface.
- Various service and maintenance records available dating back to 1993 - very well maintained vehicle.
- Engine work carried out in 1993 at 66232 Miles by The Toy Shop in Wellington.
- A stunning example of old-car glamour combined with the essentials for reliability, such as fuel-injection and disc brakes.
The Jaguar Series 3 - conceived without compromise to be the best Jaguar ever built. Come test drive this peace of art and see for yourself. Mark my word, these cars are set to become valuable and sought after in the near future.
A very good entry and easy to live with classic Jaguar with great club support and camaraderie. Don't miss out!
Car will be sold WOF'd and registered.
CLASSIC CAR FINANCE & INSURANCE AVAILABLE!
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing By Appointment Only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.