1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Call Us On
Share With Friends
The Z28 - an exotic Camaro that runs with the most high performance coupes in the world!
When the all-new third-generation Camaro came out at the dawn of 1982, the Z28 was the slickest piece of work on the road: nose down, tail up, striped and bespoilered like a muscle machine built a dozen years previous might be.
The showy new Camaro was the very vision of a low-slung all-American performance car for the '80s, with dished five-spoke wheels, a scooped hood, and colored striping that separated the body color from the ground effects.
According to Camaro lead designer Jerry Palmer in a pre-launch magazine interview, "it really struts!" That strutting style hit America's sweet spot. Lower, slicker and trimmer than anything Detroit had come out with previously, the new Camaro quickly became a sensation--the industry's new style leader.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Performance powered by a 5.0ltr V8 standard and nothing spells performance like Camaro.
- Great handling and cornering - these Camaros got about their business of eating up the turns. Just turn that chunky wheel, and the rest of the machine responds in kind.
- Great Muscle car to drive - there's no lean worth mentioning, no tire squeal, no fuss, no drama, just quick and quiet action: crisp and immediate. The on-center slop that was part and parcel of most Detroit machines of the day simply doesn't exist here; sneeze with your hand on the wheel, and the front wheels will twitch in response, sending the chassis with it. The same year this long-lasting Z was built, Car and Driver chose the Z28 as the best-handling car built in America, and spending time behind the wheel of an example like this one explains why.
- Smooth ride and a nice cruising car - this is a drivers car - Heaps of Torque - a spirited responsive road car that drives as good as it looks.
- Nice body and looks good in red - nice condition throughout.
- Sounds fantastic and awesome to drive.
- Mechanically sound - recently serviced.
- Complete with Optional T Roof and Fisher pouch for roof
- Very tidy interior - clean original upholstery, original carpet, no cracks on dashboard.
- Imported into New Zealand in 1987 - had 9 owners since
- Genuine Low Mileage - very original car.
- Fisher Bodied
- Crossfire Z28
This is an awesome car - no wonder it earned the nickname as the Heart beat of America. Pure Muscle, Full Blooded American car - lots of fun to drive for not much money - and the sound of that V8 will terrify any Nissan Leaf on the road ;)
Gutsy and dressed for action - don't miss out on this beauty - these cars are starting to go up in value, and rightly so one should add - great value for money.
Guaranteed to get noticed!
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.