1979 Rover 2600
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"My Car has arrived safe and sound; so here's a big 'Thank you' to yourself and Jesmond for making it such an enjoyable experience dealing with you. Your friendliness and expertise made it go so smoothly. I just love the car you've provided.............now the fun begins.""Bob Ward, Auckland, New Zealand
All Rover SD1's are elegant, spacious and potent long-distance cruisers.
Everyone wants a V8 Vanden Plas or Vitesse, but the 2600 is actually the better bet, offering similar performance but with much more palatable fuel economy.
The Rover SD1 certainly caused a stir at its 1976 launch. With styling reputedly inspired by Ferrari’s 365 GTB/4 ‘Daytona’, the new car’s swooping hatchback shape and modular, blocky interior made a great – if rather unlikely – track and rally car.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- A very nice example of a Rover SD1 in excellent order.
- Low ownership - low mileage vehicle.
- Sounds good - goes great
- 5 speed manual transmission
- New Zealand new - and assembled in Nelson
- Straight body - nice paintwork
- Mechanically sound
- Runs and drives very well.
- Interior almost like new- all factory orginal.
- The car’s aerodynamic, modern, shape was a departure from Rovers past, and the interior similarly broke the mould. This was an elegant British saloon with more than a hint of supercar about it. Good aerodynamics in all respects, low drag to assist quiet effortless high speed travel…a design generally acceptable and hopefully timeless. All this was combined in a shape which would accommodate the increased space requirements more living accommodation and more load carrying space, provided in such a manner that the balance could be adjusted to suit the requirements of any particular movement.
- Comes complete with original service books, factory manual, service and maintenance records.
- Stunning car - rare to come by in this condition.
The Rover SD1was finally launched to rave reviews in the long, hot summer of 1976, priced below the Jaguar XJ6 to avoid interbrand Leyland competition. Advertised as the car of “tomorrow, today”, the motoring press embraced the new British flagship’s styling and comfort.
A car of thoroughly sporting demeanor and astonishing fuel frugality, that offers a specification, which no Continental manufacturer can match. A British high performance luxury sports saloon to take the place of the much-loved Jaguar 3.8 of the early ’60s.
These Rovers earned pretty much universal early acclaim winning the European Car of the Year awards in 1977, the first Leyland car to do so since the BMC 1800 in 1964. Yes, its as good as you'd expect it to be…and in many ways better. To date, it remains a pleasure to drive, the more so because it has found itself a rather sporting character which could not, surely, have been foreseen.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
WE ARE OPEN WEEKDAYS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.