1979 Lincoln Continental Collector Series!
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"With over 20 years in the motor trade, I suppose my expectations were higher than most. But happy to say Jesmond and Gloria didn't disappoint. To be honest they exceeded my expectation! I had previously seen vehicles for sale on their website, but like most "experts" in the trade thought I could get cheaper. However its a case of 'you get what you pay for.' And for the peace of mind of dealing with genuine honest people, and getting a car that really is as good as its described - you cant go past Waimak. A thank you gift and free drop off to the airport were great touches. And while this was my first experience, I'm sure it wont be my last. Will definitely be in touch for my next classic."Andre Rabbitte, Auckland, New Zealand
The Lincoln Continental is synonymous with eloquence…they are the luxury cars by which other luxury cars are judged.
The Continental Life is a highly bespoke lifestyle…beyond status quo. These people who own them have their own style. The Lincoln Continental is their kind of luxury car. Continentals were always carefully designed to stay in style.
The Lincoln Continental is engineered to be among the finest automobiles America has to offer. They are Ford Motor Company’s finest and most distinguished motorcars.
The 1979 model year is the finale for the last full-size luxury sedan built in America. To commemorate this historic event, the Flagship TownCar was offered as a limited edition…The Collector’s Series epitomised the luxury and elegance of America’s last traditional luxury sedan.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- A very nice example of this model. It’s not perfect but it has 3600 miles from new and it is a collectors edition, so quite unique and the last of the big car era, hence the production of this collector model with the gold grill etc. It has the odd chip, hairline scratch etc, as one should expect from a factory original car. A very honest example.
- The Collector's Series Continentals were only available in three colours and this car is loaded with all of Lincolns options in addition to special fabric on interior garnish moldings, leather tool kit and leather owner's manual folder.
- The sticker price on this example was USD17217, as opposed to a normal loaded Continental at around USD12K.
- Included with this car are the original Certificate of Registration in Indiana USA, Original USA Ownercard, Built Sheet and factory owners manual.
- This car was sold new to a Whiteford Kenworth of South Bend Indiana, who purchased this exclusive Lincoln from his local dealer, Garner Lincoln Mercury on October 1979. He obviously drove it very little, and kept it until at least the late 90's, when a certain Truett Cathy bought it at an Auction in nearby Auburn, Indiana. It remained in the late Mr. Cathy's collection of some 200 vehicles until May 2016. It was imported into NZ in 2016 with 3142 miles and had one NZ owner since...so three owners from new in total.
- A stunning factory original example in beautiful condition.
- Has had over NZD7K spent on entry, as may be seen in photos attached.
- Drives beautifully - silky smooth and so silent. Great car.
- Sumptuous six-passenger roominess, legendary comfort & convenience, with a stately presence makes the Continental one of America’s premiere luxury cars. This fine automobile will satisfy the most discerning owner.
- This 1979 Lincoln Continental rides upon a long 127.2” wheelbase. It has the luxury length of 233” and is 79.9” in width. A most elegant land yacht, that drives like a big ole’ rollin’ Barco lounger.
- This 1979 Continental Collector’s Series comes fully equipped. Among the select few options available were the power glass Moon Roof, 40-channel CB radio, “Sure-Track” braking system, and the plush Kasman II luxury cloth trimmed interior. Comfort and convenience features and accessories optional on the Lincoln Continental are standard for The Collector’s Series. This is a very special limited edition.
- Signature exterior features includes color-keyed Coach Roof, gold-color grille and bumper inserts, right-hand remote-controlled outside rear view mirror, color-keyed premium bodyside moldings, color-keyed turbine-style cast aluminum wheels, Appearance Protection Group (front and rear carpeted floor mats, door edge guards, and rear license plate frame), right and left-side illuminated vanity mirrors, and Interior Light Group. “Collector’s Series” nomenclature is affixed to each rear roof sail panel attesting the fact this is the quintessential luxury sedan.
- This Continental Collector’s Series includes as standard equipment: power vent windows, interval wipers, Defroster Group (electric window defroster and heated left-side outside rear view mirror), and Headlamp Convenience Group (automatic headlamp dimmer, and Autolamp on/off delay system).
- This is a sedan designed for comfort. The ample dimensions are visually enhanced and balanced by body lines subtly styled in the gracious Lincoln Continental tradition. Elegance…all the luxury you’d expect…and a ride that’s smooth and sure are all attributes of the 1979 Continental Collector’s Series sedan – This car is so comprehensively equipped…it would be easier to tell you what it doesn’t have.
- This Continental Collector’s Series is powered by the Ford Cleveland 335-Series 6.6 litre 16-valve 400 CID V8 engine. It is equipped with a Motorcraft 2150 2-bbl carburetor. The engine is mated to Ford’s C-6 Select-Shift 3-speed automatic transmission.
The 1979 Lincoln Continentals has one of the widest stances of any car in the world. Its impressive size, extraordinarily comfortable ride and impeccable road manners makes it a very distinctive luxury car.
The Continental Collector’s Series sedan is the last of the real American luxury automobiles. Ford was the only domestic automobile manufacturer that made automobiles this large for the 1979 model year. This is indeed, the end of an illustrious era in motoring.
A great investment and a stunning car to drive.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
SHIPPING / LOCAL TRANSPORT CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.