1979 Lincoln Continental Collector Series!
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Having purchased two cars from Jesmond and Gloria, we can't thank them enough for their service and warm and friendly approach to the transactions. Both cars were purchased sight unseen having total confidence in Jesmond's description, detail and assurances that the cars as presented on their web site were every bit as good as they looked, if not better… and they were. Jesmond is totally professional in his approach and true to his word in all aspects of the sale. Gloria is an absolute delight to work with in handling the logistics and transportation arrangements. If you are looking for a quality classic car look no further than Waimak Classic Cars”!"Murray & Anne, Auckland, New Zealand
The Lincoln Continental is synonymous with eloquence…they are the luxury cars by which other luxury cars are judged.
The Continental Life is a highly bespoke lifestyle…beyond status quo. These people who own them have their own style. The Lincoln Continental is their kind of luxury car. Continentals were always carefully designed to stay in style.
The Lincoln Continental is engineered to be among the finest automobiles America has to offer. They are Ford Motor Company’s finest and most distinguished motorcars.
The 1979 model year is the finale for the last full-size luxury sedan built in America. To commemorate this historic event, the Flagship TownCar was offered as a limited edition…The Collector’s Series epitomised the luxury and elegance of America’s last traditional luxury sedan.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- A very nice example of this model. It’s not perfect but it has 3600 miles from new and it is a collectors edition, so quite unique and the last of the big car era, hence the production of this collector model with the gold grill etc. It has the odd chip, hairline scratch etc, as one should expect from a factory original car. A very honest example.
- The Collector's Series Continentals were only available in three colours and this car is loaded with all of Lincolns options in addition to special fabric on interior garnish moldings, leather tool kit and leather owner's manual folder.
- The sticker price on this example was USD17217, as opposed to a normal loaded Continental at around USD12K.
- Included with this car are the original Certificate of Registration in Indiana USA, Original USA Ownercard, Built Sheet and factory owners manual.
- This car was sold new to a Whiteford Kenworth of South Bend Indiana, who purchased this exclusive Lincoln from his local dealer, Garner Lincoln Mercury on October 1979. He obviously drove it very little, and kept it until at least the late 90's, when a certain Truett Cathy bought it at an Auction in nearby Auburn, Indiana. It remained in the late Mr. Cathy's collection of some 200 vehicles until May 2016. It was imported into NZ in 2016 with 3142 miles and had one NZ owner since...so three owners from new in total.
- A stunning factory original example in beautiful condition.
- Has had over NZD7K spent on entry, as may be seen in photos attached.
- Drives beautifully - silky smooth and so silent. Great car.
- Sumptuous six-passenger roominess, legendary comfort & convenience, with a stately presence makes the Continental one of America’s premiere luxury cars. This fine automobile will satisfy the most discerning owner.
- This 1979 Lincoln Continental rides upon a long 127.2” wheelbase. It has the luxury length of 233” and is 79.9” in width. A most elegant land yacht, that drives like a big ole’ rollin’ Barco lounger.
- This 1979 Continental Collector’s Series comes fully equipped. Among the select few options available were the power glass Moon Roof, 40-channel CB radio, “Sure-Track” braking system, and the plush Kasman II luxury cloth trimmed interior. Comfort and convenience features and accessories optional on the Lincoln Continental are standard for The Collector’s Series. This is a very special limited edition.
- Signature exterior features includes color-keyed Coach Roof, gold-color grille and bumper inserts, right-hand remote-controlled outside rear view mirror, color-keyed premium bodyside moldings, color-keyed turbine-style cast aluminum wheels, Appearance Protection Group (front and rear carpeted floor mats, door edge guards, and rear license plate frame), right and left-side illuminated vanity mirrors, and Interior Light Group. “Collector’s Series” nomenclature is affixed to each rear roof sail panel attesting the fact this is the quintessential luxury sedan.
- This Continental Collector’s Series includes as standard equipment: power vent windows, interval wipers, Defroster Group (electric window defroster and heated left-side outside rear view mirror), and Headlamp Convenience Group (automatic headlamp dimmer, and Autolamp on/off delay system).
- This is a sedan designed for comfort. The ample dimensions are visually enhanced and balanced by body lines subtly styled in the gracious Lincoln Continental tradition. Elegance…all the luxury you’d expect…and a ride that’s smooth and sure are all attributes of the 1979 Continental Collector’s Series sedan – This car is so comprehensively equipped…it would be easier to tell you what it doesn’t have.
- This Continental Collector’s Series is powered by the Ford Cleveland 335-Series 6.6 litre 16-valve 400 CID V8 engine. It is equipped with a Motorcraft 2150 2-bbl carburetor. The engine is mated to Ford’s C-6 Select-Shift 3-speed automatic transmission.
The 1979 Lincoln Continentals has one of the widest stances of any car in the world. Its impressive size, extraordinarily comfortable ride and impeccable road manners makes it a very distinctive luxury car.
The Continental Collector’s Series sedan is the last of the real American luxury automobiles. Ford was the only domestic automobile manufacturer that made automobiles this large for the 1979 model year. This is indeed, the end of an illustrious era in motoring.
A great investment and a stunning car to drive.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
SHIPPING / LOCAL TRANSPORT CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry