1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Hi Jesmond and Gloria, I am writing to say thank you for all your help regarding the Jaguar that I bought from you. All the way through the process, you provided a highly professional service, showing total integrity and a personal touch which is hard to find. I would not hesitate to purchase from you again in the future and will recommend you to other prospective buyers. Best wishes with your business, and keep up the good work."Ian Tarpey, Gulf Harbour Auckland, New Zealand
The Original Continental was the only American luxury car ever to be honoured with a design excellence at New York's Museum of Modern Art.
The Continental MK V, in the traditional excellence of the original Continental, yet different from every Mark that came before it, is a Mark of Tradition. This car proves a point and sets a standard like no other.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Mint, Factory Original Condition
- One owner in USA and One owner in New Zealand
- 6899 Miles From New and it looks the part - that’s what sets it apart from any other Continental out there. 154 miles a year on average it’s done in theory - Beat That!
- Car's been sitting for a few years and runs beautifully. It was fully serviced and sorted in all respects and was gone over top to bottom when it got complied in 2016.
- New wiper blades just fitted.
- Good battery - holds charge well
- Sumptuous Interior - looks and smells like new
- Laser straight body - beautiful original paintwork with very minor scratches or stone chips.
- Powering the Lincoln Continental is a magnificent overhead valve, 7.5 litre naturally aspirated 8 cylinder motor, with 2 valves per cylinder that develops power and torque figures of 208 bhp at 4000 rpm. The power is delivered to the wheels by means of a 3 speed automatic transmission. It weighs a quoted 2222 kg at the kerb.
- Big Car, Big Luxury here! — Lots of power, just not for speed. You could prolly out-tow most pickup trucks pretty easy. Its nice to drive, its almost like sitting in your living room sofa. Lots of technology in it for a late '70s car. It has not even traveled 7000 miles, so everything is going pretty good with it. This car is Amazing really — a big and beautiful land yacht!
- Its a standard by which luxury cars should be judged - roomy and comfortable and beautiful. That powerful grille says it all - superb handling - STUNNING!
Yes, cars like this are really something special. Thanks to everyone wanting to be politically correct and eco friendly these days, we will never see quality cars like this again, sadly probably not even something comparable. I have been watching some old Sitcoms recently, and it truly makes me sad how much cars have changed in the last 40 years.
Back then BIG comfortable cars were the rule; there were very few eco boxes and no battery powered laptops on wheels on the road.
Big, Brash and Beautiful - The big Lincoln ruled in the 70s. It was the ultimate luxury car then and is still made better than anything else today, in my opinion.
Car will be sold WOF’d and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry