1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Dear Gloria and Jesmond, we are very happy with our recently purchased Daimler Sovereign and thank you for the helpful and supportive way you have enabled us to complete the purchase transactions. For us, this was the first time we bought sight unseen. It was also the first time we have used a transporter to convey our our purchase home. Needless to say, the vehicle, on arrival, was found to be in the excellent condition relative to age which we had come to anticipate. So far, whenever we have used it, complimentary comments have been in evidence. We look particularly look forward to being able to allow our grandchildren to travel safely on the rear seat. The anticipation of our future vintage motoring experience is palpable!"Peter & Rosalie Donovan, Whakatane, New Zealand
The Original Continental was the only American luxury car ever to be honoured with a design excellence at New York's Museum of Modern Art.
The Continental MK V, in the traditional excellence of the original Continental, yet different from every Mark that came before it, is a Mark of Tradition. This car proves a point and sets a standard like no other.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Mint, Factory Original Condition
- One owner in USA and One owner in New Zealand
- 6899 Miles From New and it looks the part - that’s what sets it apart from any other Continental out there. 154 miles a year on average it’s done in theory - Beat That!
- Car's been sitting for a few years and runs beautifully. It was fully serviced and sorted in all respects and was gone over top to bottom when it got complied in 2016.
- New wiper blades just fitted.
- Good battery - holds charge well
- Sumptuous Interior - looks and smells like new
- Laser straight body - beautiful original paintwork with very minor scratches or stone chips.
- Powering the Lincoln Continental is a magnificent overhead valve, 7.5 litre naturally aspirated 8 cylinder motor, with 2 valves per cylinder that develops power and torque figures of 208 bhp at 4000 rpm. The power is delivered to the wheels by means of a 3 speed automatic transmission. It weighs a quoted 2222 kg at the kerb.
- Big Car, Big Luxury here! — Lots of power, just not for speed. You could prolly out-tow most pickup trucks pretty easy. Its nice to drive, its almost like sitting in your living room sofa. Lots of technology in it for a late '70s car. It has not even traveled 7000 miles, so everything is going pretty good with it. This car is Amazing really — a big and beautiful land yacht!
- Its a standard by which luxury cars should be judged - roomy and comfortable and beautiful. That powerful grille says it all - superb handling - STUNNING!
Yes, cars like this are really something special. Thanks to everyone wanting to be politically correct and eco friendly these days, we will never see quality cars like this again, sadly probably not even something comparable. I have been watching some old Sitcoms recently, and it truly makes me sad how much cars have changed in the last 40 years.
Back then BIG comfortable cars were the rule; there were very few eco boxes and no battery powered laptops on wheels on the road.
Big, Brash and Beautiful - The big Lincoln ruled in the 70s. It was the ultimate luxury car then and is still made better than anything else today, in my opinion.
Car will be sold WOF’d and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.