1976 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow Series One
Call Us On
Share With Friends
Looking to class up your image but not sure which luxury car makes the most economical sense?
The Rolls-Royce name always stood for unbeatable comfort and luxury, and the Silver Shadow delivers these attributes in spades. Settle into the gentleman’s club interior and there is a huge feel-good factor, and as you gaze down the bonnet to the iconic ‘Spirit of Ecstasy’ it’s hard not to feel a sense of real pride.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Low ownership - last 17 years - previous owner to that for 10 years, previous to that for 6 years, previous to that for one year - with a couple of traders in between.
- Car was imported from the UK circa 1984.
- In 1965, the Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow was little short of a revolution for the company. Out went the old palatial style, to be replaced by a more contemporary three-box style - and it certainly worked, because the Silver Shadow (and its Bentley counterpart, the T-Series) became the company's best-selling cars to date.
- The Silver Shadow boasted unitary construction, all-round disc brakes and self-leveling suspension. But because of the sheer size and scale of the new Rolls-Royce, it carried off all of these advancements in style.
- The exemplary interior features leather seats, wool carpet, and walnut dash and door trim - what a nice place to be.
- Driving this Rolls on the road, you settle down to a sedate pace, gently guiding the delicately-rimmed wheel with your fingertips. There is enough poke if you want it though, a prod of the throttle causing the nose to rise majestically as the old girl gathers up her skirts. Still, far better instead to relax, and enjoy the wonderful surroundings. A sound, cherished car - if you're after one of these, this example is definitely the way to go.
- This car drives beautifully having been very well maintained and properly serviced all its life. Stamped service books come with car and service records are available pretty much from when the car was new. We know that brakes were done by Bruce Mcilroy and we can see that all shocks were replaced in recent years. Various servicing and maintenance records by Colgray Motors can be found in its file from the car's earlier days in New Zealand, when it was owned in Remuera, Auckland and we understand that Bruce Mcilroy also did some maintenance on it during the last 17 years in Canterbury. We understand, that it had motor work at the cost of $22K carried out on it by a previous owner but its always recommended with cars of the sort, that interested parties get a specialist inspection before purchasing.
If you’ve ever considered the iconic Brit, now might be the time to buy one.
You get a lot of style for the money and there is huge pleasure to be had from owning a Rolls-Royce, and the Silver Shadow is no exception – the quality and luxury on offer are very beguiling.
The Silver Shadow was a striking change from the Silver Cloud that preceded it. Although it was smaller, squarer, and generally less attractive, the Shadow was lighter, faster, and handled better than any previous Rolls-Royce.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered, if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.