1974 Rover P6 3500S
Call Us On
Share With Friends
Revolutionary when new, and still well respected today, Rover's P6 makes a practical and enjoyable classic.
Back in 1963, the Rover P6 epitomised quality and sophistication that rivals struggled to match. It was advanced, yet didn't scare buyers - in fact, it became Britain's favourite executive car during the 1960s and '70s.
Rover was known as a maker of refined and staid cars for the professional classes until 1963.
That was when its young engineers' bright ideas were let out on an unsuspecting world in the Rover 2000. Base-unit construction with unstressed panels, all-round disc brakes, racing-type De Dion rear suspension, even a rallying programme. it all lowered the average age of a Rover buyer by 10 years. The four-cylinder 2000 became a 2200 in 1973, after being joined by the pocket-rocket V8-powered 3500 and the more desirable 3500 ‘S'.
The manual box 3500 S was the motorway police favourite and once you drive this car, you'll understand why.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- A quick car that sounds and goes great.
- Very well presented Vehicle
- Straight, Rust Free Body with Very Good original paint work.
- Original Interior is clean and tidy. The upholstery is box pleat fabric, and confirms that the car was assembled in the UK and imported into New Zealand fully built up.
- Clean engine bay.
- Clean boot and clean undercarriage.
- Mechanically, this car is very good. No rattles, squeaks or noises. Excellent motor with good oil pressure and compression.
- Seriously peppy, very sporty and LOTS of grunt.
- Disk brakes all round, provide good strong stopping power.
- A technically audacious classic car that encapsulates establishment values, feels beautifully made – a car that is more than capable of coping with the speeds of modern traffic. And yet, for all of its innovations, it won't break the bank to buy or run.
- Great Fun and drives beautifully.
- Good Tires. Good Battery – everything works as it should.
- Rare & Desirable in manual.
Buy now while these cars are still (relatively) cheap. They are durable classics with family practicality, and running-costs are quite reasonable. Like all "Rover Company" Rovers, they also have a great deal of charm.
Remember that material goods aren't the only things that can be passed down from fathers to sons.
Interests and enthusiasm are intangibles that, given some nurturing and the right circumstances, can easily bridge the generation gap and this classic has the additional honor of representing good health and a continuing celebration of life.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.