1970 Triumph TR6
When describing a car, we always put a lot of thought in how best to describe it.
The car that the term ‘last of the hairy-chested British sports cars' was perhaps designed for, the TR6 has been a firm favourite for over 40 years.
Triumph rocked the motoring world with the TR6 bringing in new style, new features and new status. The TR6 was created for that person who knows what motoring is all about; who is mature enough to appreciate superb engineering; who is eager to accept both the thrills and the responsibilities of power motoring allied to superb road holding. In the hands of such a person, the TR6 is one of the most responsive sports cars in the world – at any price.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Comes complete with British Motoring Heritage Certificate and Original Certificate Of Registration.
- Chassis #: CP/26874
- Engine #: CP26893-HE
- Body #: 26017-CP
- Factory RHD - Built 6th August 1969 - Despatched to British Leyland Motor Company (Lyttleton) New Zealand - this vehicle was shipped from the Gladstone Dock, Liverpool aboard the vessel 'Galway'
- Heaps of provenance dating back to early 1980's.
- Beautiful body and paintwork.
- Like new interior
- Like new hood
- Under the bonnet - WOW just WOW.
- Boot area - like new.
- Under carriage - like new.
- Firestone tires with lots of life in them - beautiful correct wheels.
- Incredibly tight to drive.
- This car was subjected to a full body off, ground up restoration (Photos available)
- Some cars can be described as Mint, Concours or Like New and sometimes even as “Pebble Beach Quality”. This car, well, we can't call it new because in actual fact its over 40 years old. We can't call it like new because its arguably better than new and if we simply describe it as concours, we've been in classic cars long enough to know how loosely the word ‘concours' is used nowadays and just because a car is referred to as concours or accepted to any concours d'elegance event, does not mean it proves that “the quality of that restoration was indeed up to international concours standards. This one, we feel is a superior TR6 and in our opinion is one of the best examples in existence.
- This is a not just a driver's cars but a no nonsense investment for someone who knows how to live and drive in style. Every line, every curve, every angle earns its keeps in terms of better motoring.
- What a magnificent piece of history - with full ownership history, this Triumph is one of the most beautiful TR6's in New Zealand
- Manual with Overdrive gearbox requires a firm touch but offers a change that is both positive and rewarding. Slotting home gears are a pleasure, especially when you make full use of the torque offered up by the sonorous straight-six engine – it's worth holding off the changes a little longer, better to enjoy the delicious, rasping exhaust note.
- And with triple Dellorto Carburettors fitted (Original fuel injection system comes with car), its exhilarating to drive, sounds awesome and would be a talking point in any collection.
The Triumph TR6 ranks as one of the most popular British sports cars ever made.
It was basically a re-skinned TR5, complete with fuel-injected, six-cylinder engine mounted to an IRS chassis. Regular coachbuilder Giovanni Michelotti was unavailable, so German firm Karmann stepped up to the plate instead, producing a sharp redesign, but still utilising the same body tub.
If you are looking forward to open-top motoring, you'd do well to consider a TR6.
The bare facts make a lot of sense – superb back-up from both clubs and specialists. For the more hard-nosed buyer, a decent TR6 will make a good investment too – the rarity and desirability of the preceding TR5 has seen prices of that model skyrocket in recent years. A knock-on effect being that the TR6 is following suit as people cotton onto the fact they are pretty much the same car underneath.
Prices have certainly strengthened over the last few years, and sure are rising. Getting in now should prove a shrewd investment.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing BY Appointment Only!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry