1970 Jaguar XJ6 Series One
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Many Thanks to Jesmond and Gloria for the successful marketing of our vehicle. We didn't want the hassle of non-genuine buyers wasting our time requesting views and drives. Waimak Classic Cars specialise in the type of vehicle we had to sell and that's important. Jesmond removed all that and secured a satisfactory result for us."John & Lynda, Christchurch, New Zealand
The car was introduced in September 1968 and referred to the finest Jaguar ever!
It was the culmination of several years of development and a motor car specifically designed to streamline the extensive portfolio of models offered by Jaguar at that time. It was also the last model that Sir Williams Lyons had a 'hands on' input into the design.
The new car offered a measure of civility, driveability and safety that still managed to retain the principles of the earlier cars. Such was its ability, the car received the Car of the Year Award and the Don Safety Award, causing such a desire for these reasonable priced saloons and leading to second hand models fetching more than new cars on the dealership forecourts in its first year of production.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- NZ NEW - sold new in Mata Mata, New Zealand - Original Certificate Of Registration Available
- Chassis 1L615CBW
- Engine 740254-8
- Early short wheelbase chrome dial model. These early examples represent the purist form of Sir William Lyon’s design, with that and their outstanding ability, even on today’s roads, have led them to be sought after by the connoisseur and collector alike.
- Circa 6 owners from new amongst traders - one owner for 35 years.
- Comes with the signature 4.2-liter DOHC six-cylinder delivered 180 horsepower, along with four-wheel independent suspension, power rack-and-pinion steering, power disc brakes all round, and an automatic transmission.
- The car features leather seats, walnut fascia, and sufficient gauges for a small plane.
- With the colour combination of Ascot Fawn and a tan leather interior, this Jaguar offered is a handsome example. The coachwork presents very well and an inspection of the engine bay shows a clean and tidy area, revealing that this XJ6 has been well cared for.
- The interior is in good order. The headlining is very good; the dashboard, with its array of chrome bezelled instruments (these were later changed to black) and switches, are in very good order and will certainly draw the eye. Leather upholstery and doorcards have been refurbished but remains fully original
- Wood on door cards re varnished. Carpets original.
- Comes with a period Sanyo radio/cassette player.
- This car was purchased by us in very sound, original factory condition (see last photo) - by that we mean factory standard down to the paint. As expected, paint was showing its age, so (as can be seen from photos), it underwent a full repaint in original colour.
- Car was stripped down and restored properly and is rust free.
- Changed all door/ windscreen rubbers as necessary.
- Factory seatbelts
- Boot - all factory in there.
- Very clean engine bay and undercarriage
- Factory jack and spare wheel available
- Still on good quality, correct Dunlop tyres.
- Mechanically sound and drives beautifully.
- Comes with good provenance - servicing and maintenance records dating back to 1975.
- Will come with new service on sale
The first-generation XJ was revolutionary for its time, and its look proved so iconic that Jaguar became reluctant to change it for subsequent generations. In fact, the XJ’s styling is perhaps one of the greatest automotive examples of evolution rather than revolution. Few automotive nameplates have lasted for 50 years without interruption, but Jaguar's XJ Flagship Saloon can now be counted among such distinguished company as the Ford Mustang and the Toyota Land Cruiser.
Everybody agrees that the XJ6 was a terrific car when it was new; the trick is to find a good one now. This is an exceptional example - a real survivor in beautiful order. Not easy to find one in this condition.
Values for these cars have been rising steadily over the past few years and are now very sought after. Now's the time to buy one.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.