1971 Chevrolet Corvette C3 LT1
Call Us On
Share With Friends
The C3 Corvette saw the end of an era and braved a new one.
Bill Mitchell and Zora Arkus-Duntov developed the C3 from Larry Shinoda’s stunning Mako Shark II, abandoning costly plans for the ’Vette to go mid-engined. Instead, they turned the concept into Chevrolet’s most striking – and enduring – shape yet, with those distinctive bulging arches and front wings that swept up from the engine bay to the wheelarch lips.
Development of the C3 Corvette began before the big-block C2s even came out! GM and the Corvette's designers knew that they couldn't let the C2 have as long a production run as the C1, which ran for 10 years. So, they set up an in-house design competition with one stipulation: have the car ready for the 1967 model year.
The C3 Corvette would sell spectacularly well and could be a fun and exciting sports car. Pre-1972 Corvettes had the most power, because unleaded-fuel capability and then catalytic converters sapped output dramatically as the ’70s progressed.
In 1970, the new solid-lifter LT-1 engine was introduced which boosted the C3's performance such that the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) deemed it eligible to run in their Class B Production class.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Imported by previous NZ owner from California USA, this car was first registered in New Zealand in November 2005
- One owner in New Zealand for 16 years, prior to us taking ownership of this vehicle.
- Comes with correct CGZ Block, all matching numbers.
- Restoration undertaken in the USA at 94000miles in 1991 with documentation.
- Engine and clutch totally rebuilt at 99000mls in 1995 - full details and receipts available.
- Car only done 12600 miles since restoration (landed in NZ with 7969 Miles), showing a pampered life with some nicks and blemishes to be expected with over 30 years since restoration. Overall car presents exceptionally well - drives beautifully and all mechanicals are excellent.
- New Tyres
- Recent work include electrics, complete brake overhaul, rear bushes and servicing.
- Leather Seats
- Manual Transmission
- White soft top in excellent order.
- Only 650 LT1 convertibles produced in 1971.
- VERY RARE Matching Numbers car, all original except headers, which were fitted 2 years ago.
A great car in stunning colour - rare adnd desirable - this would make a good investment but not only that - its awesome to drive - a lovely cruiser with a fabulous engine under the hood.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.