1968 Mercury Monterey 390 V8
Call Us On
Share With Friends
The Mercury Monterey is a series of full size cars, that were manufactured and marketed by the Mercury division of Ford from 1952 to 1974.
Deriving its name from Moneterey bay, the Mercury Monterey served as the replacement for the Mercury Eight, the debut model line of the Mercury division.
During its production, the Monterey would be offered in multiple body styles, ranging from coupes, sedans, hardtops, and station wagons.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Fastback Roofline - It retains its original 390 2V engine and its C-6 automatic transmission.
- Original interior with Bench seats in very good order, save a crack on dashboard, as shown in photo.
- Good solid body. Paintwork tidy - not perfect but presentable with some blemishes.
- It has good bones and is a really good original car.
- Goes like a rocket, sounds good, looks good and a boys car, that is worth spending some money on.
- It’s raw and basic, its a real drivers car and it looks and feels like it , it has no power steer, no power brakes but you know you're driving and it just feels good.
- Car looks good, sounds good, is reliable and just has a serious amount of presence where ever it goes.
- Comes with a spare set of keys and a score to remove the Foose mags - has a new mag wheel spare in the boot.
- Two owners in New Zealand - first registered in New Zealand on 1st March 2016.
- This Monterey is powered by the Ford big block 390 FE engine, displacing 6.4 liters and putting out 265 horsepower and 390 ft-lbs of torque mated to an automatic transmission. It won’t make the 3800 lb fastback particularly fast, but it’ll be enough to do some crazy burnouts and have some fun.
A nice, reliable 6th generation Mercury Monterey, based on the Ford Galaxy platform and sold from 1965-1968 as a sedan, convertible and fastback.
We prefer the fastback variant, because it was raced in NASCAR and reminds us of a time when gas was cheap and babies crawled around on transmission tunnels.
Car will be sold WOF’d and Registered.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.