1967 Mini Cooper 'S'
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Hi Jesmond, Re Jaguar - I am most grateful for what you have done. It is a measure of your integrity and commitment. The brakes were superb and I confess that the first time I touch them, I realised that there was a full pedal and likely new pads all round. Once again, thank you."Terry & Helen Bryne, Richmond - Nelson, New Zealand
Small but BIG on fun!
There’s one thing that tends to group the most desirable classics; they’re invariably hugely costly to buy and maintain. But not always, because the Mini Cooper S is the proof; for relatively moderate money you can have unfeasible amounts of fun in a car that’s a fraction of the size of most classics.
Indeed, it’s those diminutive proportions that make the Cooper S so enjoyable to drive; the resulting light weight gives the car an agility that most of its rivals – or potential rivals – just can’t match. There’s a catch though, because while the Cooper S has long been appreciating, the rate at which it’s currently gaining value means that it won’t be long before all but the scrappy S’s of are priced out of reach.
With 2013 marking the icon’s 50th birthday, it’ll be thrust back into the limelight once more and values will continue to positively soar further. So if you want one don’t delay.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- A Seriously improved MK1 Cooper 'S' that is loaded with improvements and go fast goodies.
- East West Engine overbored t 1320cc, 11.9-1 Compression Ratio, Modified Cylinder Head & Combustion Chambers, Roller Rockers, Lightened Flywheel, Fully Balanced & Blue Printed. Fitted with Rejetted 45 DCOE Weber Carburetor & Modified Distributor & More.
- Standard Mk1 Gearbox with Synchro on 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
- Adjustable Front-End Suspension, Competition Bump Stops, Nolathene Bushes, Koni Shocks & More Lining Material. Uprated to Competiotion Specifications
- Brakes - Kevlar Pads & Improved Lining material. Front Disks / Rear Drums.
- Roll bar - new Cams Specification Roll Bar with Side Intrusion bars.
- Cams Log Book - Car is supplied with CAMS Log Book for Group NC Class.
- Alloy Minilite Patters.
- New Hoodlining
- Good clean body with very nice paintwork.
- Recent servicing, oil change / brakes etc and just got a new VTNZ WOF.
- Goes like a wee rocket and sounds fabulous...
- Comes with an extensive expenditure file.
- Car was imported into New Zealand from Melbourne Australia - first registered in New Zealand in 2014.
- Long Road Registration is an added bonus.
- The number stamped on the radiator shroud is 223 something. This number was always the car number minus around 501. The car number on the label is 2734. So that matches up. The engine number of 44953 is quite easy to read stamped into the block (see photos).
- One can also see a photo of the plastic breather under the seat. This looks very old and matches other original plastic parts on the car.
- This car has the WOW factor - just wait till you get behind that Steering Wheel!
All we can add here is that performance of the Cooper S is legendary around the world, having amassed many racing and rally victories, none more famous than the Monte Carlo Rally in 1964 and even more famous in Australia, the 1966 Bathurst 500 against much bigger and more powerful opponents.
This car is a perfect car to collect and reminisce those halcyon days.
Don’t miss this Mini on our showroom floor in Canterbury, New Zealand.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.