1969 Alfa Romeo 'Boat Tail' 1750 Spider
Call Us On
Share With Friends
This Boat Tail Duetto Spider is a Stunning piece of Alfa-Romeo history.
Long before Alfa Romeo made tire smoking mid-size saloons, it produced lovely little roadsters, like this Duetto Spider. Its body was designed and built by Pininfarina, and comes with a peppy four-cylinder engine.
This particular car left the factory in 1969 with a 1750cc inline-four unit. Thanks to its light weight and simplicity, its quite a joy to drive around the countryside with the top down - it really is.
And despite its primitive, 50-year-old suspension, this roadster actually still rides relatively well. Combine that with the stunning design and lovely-sounding engine, and you've got yourself the perfect classic Italian cruiser.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Imported from South Africa, it was first registered in New Zealand in 2000.
- It has had one owner for the last 19 years.
- We understand that this car was superbly restored quite some years ago, then poor health meant it spent most of it’s life in the garage!
- The mileage indicated here is what the car has traveled since restoration.
- It starts, runs and drives exceptionally well.
- Body seems clean and is straight.
- Paint is very good with minor imperfections.
- Undercarriage - clean and tidy
- Interior very good.
- No signs of rust in vehicle.
- Soft top like new (doubt ever used) - closes well.
- Hard top available with car - could do with a bit of tidy up but overall in good nick - not rough or anything like that.
- Good tires, battery etc.
- Beautiful gear box and those twin webers can really get you in the mood of driving.
- This is a very clean and presentable car which is also mechanically sound.
- The original 1750 version was a one-year-only model, with the advent of the Spica-injected 2000 model in 1971.
- Outstanding speed, acceleration and handling are all characteristics of this class-leading model, which nevertheless possessed a quite remarkable docility, even at high speeds.
- Wheels all in excellent condition
Highly collectible, this is a beautiful piece of kit. A modern classic by Pininfarina, the simple-yet-elegant “Boat tail” Spider bodywork would prove enduringly popular, lasting into the 1990s. The Spider’s mechanics were essentially those of the Giulia saloon while the engine was the GTV’s double-overhead-camshaft four.
Car will be sold WOF’d and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.