1964 Morris Oxford MK6 DeLuxe
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"I just wanted to thank you for the beautiful 1974 XJ6 that I have purchased from you. I live north of Auckland and so I did not view the car prior to purchase, but after speaking with Jesmond I did have the confidence to buy the car from the photos only. I’m very happy to say that my confidence was not misplaced and when the car arrived on the transporter this morning I was totally thrilled with the car. I have wanted one of these cars for 50 years and now I have achieved my ambition! Many thanks once again, I would recommend your company and service to anyone."Bob Stride, Auckland, New Zealand
Pininfarina styled the Morris Oxford Mk6 for the 1960s and turned in a smart job, which will be forever associated with its modish fins at the rear and two-tone paint schemes.
However, despite the all new styling, the Oxford was not a new car at all, sharing its underpinnings with the previous-generation Austin Cambridge, including its wheel track, which resulted in a curiously pinched-in look and the general air of a car that was over-bodied.
In 1961, the engine was enlarged to 1622cc and the fins toned-down for the Oxford Mk6. Overall, a popular classic car that remains central to the scene.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Very clean body and chassis - no rust. Lovely paintwork.
- Starts without difficulty and runs like a Swiss watch. you just cant help noticing how low geared these cars are.
- Nice interior, comfortable and roomy. The cabin feels huge, because it is. Even the bulkiest of drivers will be able to get comfortable, and still leave enough room for back seat passengers. The controls are generally light and pleasant to use.
- NZ New and ONLY 5 owners, as follows: 1st for 9 years, 2nd and 3rd for 4 years each, 4th owner for 26 years and 5th owner for 11 years.
- Car is pretty much Mint - can be used as a daily driver or classic car runs - your call but perfectly capable.
- We know its been restored at some stage in the last 9 years with little use since.
- Big, comfortable and oozing period charm, this car is a lot of fun. There was a definite hierarchy when these cars were new. The Austin Cambridge was always the cheapest of the bunch, with the Morris Oxford costing a little more and having a less austere dash. Both were available in standard or De Luxe forms, the latter boasting such niceties as leather seat facings instead of vinyl, a heater and a clock.
- The Farina mechanicals are as tough and reliable as old boots. The maintenance regimes of these cars may seem slightly onerous to us today, but this is only because cars have become such throwaway items. If you want to use any classic on a regular basis, then you will have to take more care of it and this car is just so easy to live with.
A brilliant classic car - These four-cylinder Farinas were once just a part of our street furniture, but their numbers have been decimated by time, neglect and the banger racers. Badly informed critics will dismiss them as dull and boring, but that is complete nonsense. The trick is to relax into their natural driving style and accept them for what they are: good, honest family saloons with lashings of period charm.
Car will be sold WOF’d and Registered.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.