1964 MGB Roadster
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"I had been trying to sell my classic car through “Trademe” for months with no success. A couple of people had mentioned Jesmond so in desperation I contacted him. He very promptly arranged to inspect the car and having already done his homework gave me an idea of what he could sell the car for and confirmed it in writing a day later. The “on behalf” deal was written up and I knew what was happening at all times with constant correspondence. The car sold in a couple of weeks and everything was taken care of by Jesmond. I am very happy with the result and felt I could trust him from the moment I met him. He's too trust-worthy to be a car dealer. He's more a car lover who helps others move on from their indulgences."Brian Campbell, Rangiora, North Canterbury, New Zealand
The MGB was greeted with great excitement when it was launched in 1962.
It was the latest in a long line of sports cars from the British carmaker, that had come to define the very essence of what a sports car should be.
The MGB also caused a sensation because it was such a shift away from MG tradition.
It’s the archetypal British sports car - tough, entertaining and timeless - a remarkable car.
Just consider the statistics: in production at the start of the Swinging Sixties, it lasted 28 years before finally bowing out in 1980, as Margaret Thatcher was bringing about her vision of utopian Britain. In that time, no fewer than 386,961 B Roadsters left the Abingdon lines. And after the factory closed, the B fueled the growth of a remarkable industry geared solely to maintaining, improving and recreating the breed.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- NZ NEW, Matching Numbers Car.
- Three Long term owners (32 years combined) among various short term owners, that include dealerships.
- This car was fully restored back in the early 90's and various receipts and photographic records dating back to that time come with the car.
- Rust free, very straight body in the greatest colour of all - British Racing Green
- Leather upholstery with white piping - a sought after combination. Enough cabin room for seats to slide back far enough to get comfortable.
- A decent performer on today's roads - this car comes with with Manual / Overdrive gearbox.
- The steering is obviously heavier than most modern cars, but even without power assistance, it is still light enough not to be character-forming even at parking speeds.
- Standard brakes are perfectly adequate.
- Its a fun car to drive in both country roads and motorways and traveling with the roof up is civilised at speed plus the heater will keep your feet warm when cruising al fresco.
- Soft Top in great condition. Good visibility through rear windscreen too.
- This model comes with pull out door handles and with the most beautiful original steering wheel of all.
- Manuals, Spare wheel, Spare Keys, Car Jack, Thor hammer, Tonneau Cover all come with car.
- Delivered in 1964, this MGB has beautiful chrome trims.
- A well pampered car - comes with painted wire wheels and chrome knock-off spinners.
- Great club with excellent member support.
- Parts easily accessible.
The MGB deserves to be at the top of the shopping list for anybody who is looking for a classic sports car that is practical and affordable as well as stylish.
Although hardly cutting edge, exclusive or road burning, the MGB holds great appeal. There isn’t a more user-friendly sports classic around and they are easy-peasy to maintain and repair.
B’s are more than a classic car; they have become a way of life.
All in all, a great wee appreciating classic car to drive and explore our beautiful country in; to create memories with in our own back yard. With no tourists on the road, there has never been a better time to enjoy New Zealand - in an iconic British topless classic sports car.
PRICE FIRM. Will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry