1964 Ford Mustang V8
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Hi Gloria, Sorry to take so long to be in touch, but I have to let you know I have nothing but pure pleasure in me every time I drive that beautiful car. I can’t thank You and Jesmond enough for your very genuine care and organising which allowed me to purchase the car without worry. Everything you both said you would do, you did, without delay. Rest assured the champagne didn’t last long, that was a lovely surprise when I opened the boot. Thank you, such a lovely touch. Wishing you both all the very best, again you were so wonderful to deal with!"Louise Stuart, Auckland, New Zealand
It all began with an inauspicious statement.
“Ford Division confirmed today that it will introduce a new line of cars this spring,” said the press release issued Feb. 6, 1964, by Lee Iacocca, vice president of Ford Motor Company. “The new line of cars will be called the Mustang … no further details on the new car line will be revealed until the time of its public introduction.”
What followed was one of the largest automobile and product launches in history.
Officially under development since 1961, the Mustang was introduced through billboards, television specials, commercials, and most importantly in-person contact. The Mustang’s grand debut came on April 14, 1964 for the press and April 17, 1964 for the general public. The official unveiling took place at the largest exhibit at the New York World’s Fair, the Ford Pavilion also known as the Wonder Rotunda.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This is a totally unique and irreplaceable Mustang - its originality and its fine, unrestored condition; its a very early built Mustang; its known history and ownership; the fact that it was actually sold on the launch weekend April 1974 1964; its exactly the same spec as the hero car in all of Ford's 1964 launch advertising; AND its GENUINE LOW MILEAGE (53K Miles)...it would be virtually impossible to find a matching numbers 1964 Mustang with this provenance and investment value.
- On line in production late March 1964 (Mustang Job One was approx. mid March)
- Off line April 1964, confirmed by the Original vehicle identification tag on the driver's door.
- Production number is 108425, i.e: the 8425th Mustang produced (the very first Mustang was number 100000). Approx 20000 units were produced as launch stock for dealers by late April.
- Sold April 17 1964 (launch day!) by New York Ford Dealer Chas S Winner Inc to Denise Monti.
- Delivery April 22, 1964 (paperwork included)
- Denise and her husband Frank were stage and TV performers known as The Flying Agostinos, and listed as "America's most exciting acrobatic adagio act". Photos of Denise and Frank with the famous names of the era, including Sammy Davis Jnr, Muhammed Ali, Johnny Carson,, Ed Sullivan, and others are included.
- Notchback body style, 260ci V8, Automatic, Power Steering and power brakes.
- Wimbledon White and whitewall tires, exactly the same visual spec as featured in all of Ford's launch advertising in April 1964.
- Denise sold the car in 2004 (i.e: one owner for 40 years in Las Vegas, with the low mileage reflecting their years of stage performance and travel). The car was bought by a NZ wholesaler, who imported the car and sold it to a Mustang owner in Hawkes Bay (October 2004, mileage recorded as 48032). It was then sold to a couple in Canterbury, who owned for 20 Years.
- The car comes with the special (and very rare) Tiffany medallion key ring that early owners received as a memento of the Tiffany's Award For Excellence in American Design given to Ford in April 1964.
- This car is a time warp in terms of basic originality. The original paintwork is thin in places, testimony to years of polishing. The only replacements on the car are those that have been required by regular maintenance and servicing, undertaken by the Mustang Center in Christchurch (receipts available). warrants of Fitness have been issued by Team Hutchinson Ford.
- This car has not been restored or refurbished - Genuine 53K miles.
- was featured in NZ Classic Car October 2014, including the front cover. Its also been a display feature at the 2014 and 2020 national Mustang Conventions, the latter in combination with one of the two 2015 celebration 50th Anniversary special editions. It was also a feature display at Ford New Zealand's special dealer and VIP guest event to announce the launch of the new RHD 2015 Mustang in October 2014.
- This car is a perfect, historical example of the very original, first ever Mustangs and the enduring success of the original 1964 launch, and Mustang marketing ever since. A prime example of this is Ford's Mustang 50th Anniversary poster.
This is a classic that will only rise in value – a very good and driveable investment for the near future.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.