1964 Dodge 880 Custom
Call Us On
Share With Friends
Dodge’s full-size luxury Custom 880 line was critical to the company because of the loss of the DeSoto brand, which ended with a short production run of 1961 models in late 1960. Dodge sought to retain DeSoto buyers with a comprehensive full-size slate of luxury cars.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- All Custom 880 models came with Dodge’s 361-cid V-8 engine, rated at a healthy 265 horsepower. This one was mated to a three-speed TorqueFlite automatic, that was available as an option for US$211. Also additional options on this car include power steering, power brakes.
- The “Custom 880” included more trim. Basic 880 cars were available in sedan and wagon form, while Custom 880 models retained the full range of body styles.
- A lot of power, a lot of car, a lot of good looks…leaves the smaller cars standing there.
- Best described as a tidy example – nice motor runs and drives well.
- Very original with lots of patina.
- Lovely bench seats – pity there’s some wear on drivers side but it is what it is.
- Good tires – nice white walls.
- In our opinion, nice solid car – come check it out.
Collectors gravitate towards unusual body styles including the hardtop coupes and convertibles, with special interest in cars ordered with the high-horsepower engines and a full set of options. While the Custom 880 has never been considered a true muscle car, there’s plenty of Mopar muscle in these cars to merit a place in anyone’s collection.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYER'S COST.
Will be sold WOF’d and Registered.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.