Dodge’s full-size luxury Custom 880 line was critical to the company because of the loss of the DeSoto brand, which ended with a short production run of 1961 models in late 1960. Dodge sought to retain DeSoto buyers with a comprehensive full-size slate of luxury cars.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- All Custom 880 models came with Dodge’s 361-cid V-8 engine, rated at a healthy 265 horsepower. This one was mated to a three-speed TorqueFlite automatic, that was available as an option for US$211. Also additional options on this car include power steering, power brakes.
- The “Custom 880” included more trim. Basic 880 cars were available in sedan and wagon form, while Custom 880 models retained the full range of body styles.
- A lot of power, a lot of car, a lot of good looks…leaves the smaller cars standing there.
- Best described as a tidy example – nice motor runs and drives well.
- Very original with lots of patina.
- Lovely bench seats – pity there’s some wear on drivers side but it is what it is.
- Good tires – nice white walls.
- In our opinion, nice solid car – come check it out.
Collectors gravitate towards unusual body styles including the hardtop coupes and convertibles, with special interest in cars ordered with the high-horsepower engines and a full set of options. While the Custom 880 has never been considered a true muscle car, there’s plenty of Mopar muscle in these cars to merit a place in anyone’s collection.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYER'S COST.
Will be sold WOF’d and Registered.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only!
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry