1962 Vauxhall Velox
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Jesmond & Gloria - WOW, what a great team. They sold three exotic sports cars for us. Your commitment is fantastic, communication & personnel service excellent and the attention to detail outstanding. A true car lover who helps other car lovers. Our dealings with you could not have been better and we would have no hesitation in advising ANYONE to use you truly amazing service. Keep up the great work, and stay in touch."Bev & Martin, Nelson, New Zealand
The Vauxhall Velox is a six-cylinder automobile which was produced by Vauxhall from 1948 to 1965.
It was a large family car, at the time directly competing in the UK with the contemporary six-cylinder Ford Zephyr, and to a slightly lesser extent, with the A90, A95, and A110 Austin Westminister models.
The Velox is remembered for having mirrored North American styling trends much more closely than other European models of the time. That was particularly apparent following the 1957 introduction of the PA version of the Velox.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- MINT CONDITION!
- Cars these days are reliable and practical but somehow they just lack soul. The styling of this Velox is unmistakably American-inspired. Long, low and with sharp tailfins, with an arched grille, liberal chromework, its one of the best British cars of all time.
- Getting in it is like climbing into a time machine. There's that old vinyl smell, and the fixtures and fittings are the stuff of recovered memory.
- Heaps of legroom and with bench seats front and rear, the Velox is a true six-seater.
- Three point seat belts in the front replace the original lap belts and none whatsoever at the rear .
- This car is built like the Ark-Royal - huge steering wheel, couch like seating, lots of glass so good view and no dash clutter.
- Starts first pop without issues - fitted with an automatic choke.
- The 2.7 litre has torque and throbs promisingly...and who's not going to fall in love with that column shifter?
- Beautiful, Comfortable, Practical and Reliable
- This is a mint example with pretty much full history on record - Car arrived in NZ aboard SS Middlesex and was assembled at GM's Petone Plat on 20th September 1962. Sold new by Ormond Motors of Gisborne on the 18th of October 1962. Spent 25 years in the Gisborne area. Arrived in the Wellington area in 1987 with 90K miles on the odometer. Mileage at April 2013 read 113925 Miles. Since then it only traveled 2334 miles.
- Main improvements (other than regular maintenance) carried out since 2001 include Steering box mounts repaired in 2002. Gearbox rebuilt, new clutch plate and release bearing in 2003. Radiator overhaul in 2004. Full rust proof and undersealing in 2004. Strip and repair speedo in Sept 2005. New Drivshaft universal joints in May 2006. Body, doors, sills rust removal in Aug 2006. Seat recovered and new floor carpets in July 2007. New quarter window rubbers, new door trim linings / paint external door inserts (white) and all grey interior trim parts in July 2011. New front brake cylinders and rebuild rear and master brake cylinders in Nov 2012. New clutch hydraulics and rebuild clutch master cylinder in Mar 2013. Replace rear gearbox mount in Mar 2014.
- Comes complete with original books etc.
All we can say is that we have never come across one in this condition with all this history. A STUNNING hard to come by example, that will no doubt appreciate significantly in value over time.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.