1967 Daimler 250 V8
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"I have owned & run quite a number of classic performance cars over the years - and this time I brought a really nice little Ferrari from Jesmond As I brought the car un-seen I needed to totally trust Jesmond & his company if we were going to do business on an older Ferrari. I was not disappointed - he is NO second-hand car dealer - more a collector. Every aspect regarding buying an older performance motorcar of this type was covered professionally and in a timely manner. Not one of my questions and many requests were forgotten through-out the process of perhaps buying the proposed Ferrari. The car was just as he had described and he even paid for the inspection at his own cost. Not an issue. I must say I couldn't have been more pleased with this company and even when the transaction was well & truly finished. Jesmond's team followed-up more than a couple of times to make sure I was 100% happy with my new car and if I had any questions in regards to on-going ownership. A very good experience here. Great stuff guys!"Matthew Sollis, Waiheke Island - New Zealand
The classic Daimler 250 V8 is a charming car, as luxurious on the road as a cruise ship is at sea.
We bring you here a most sumptuous Daimler V8 250. Superficially, a Daimler 250 is a badge-engineered Jaguar Mk2. Only a discerning car buff would clock the moulded Daimler grille in place of the Jaguar mascot. But the Daimler isn't a leaping cat with a few changed spots, and should be celebrated as a big beast in its own right. It is powered by the last authentic Daimler engine after Jaguar's takeover – which is not only a dazzling piece of engineering, but imbues the car with a quite different character.
If Jaguar's legendary 3.8-litre is about pouncing faster than Mick Jagger in a singles bar, the more aristocratic Daimler arrives in its own good time. This is a car for driving to the House and then to the club, not for storming up motorways. The Edward Turner engine that found itself in a Williams Lyons body may have been designed for the sporty Daimler Dart but in a compact saloon achieves leisurely progress.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This car has was restored around 2005 and its condition today is still pretty much how it was when it was restored.
- Pretty much perfect body. Perfect paintwork, new rubber everywhere.
- Excellent interior in cream leather, including door cards and hood lining.
- Woodwork in good condition.
- Beautiful carpets. All instruments work and in good order.
- Recently fitted tyres and wire wheels.
- We understand that the motor was reconditioned in 2005 (around the same time the car was restored) at circa 83227miles. It was then sold to a lady owner in 2014 with 88133 miles, after which it traveled circa 1152 miles (that is in the last 4 years), so car only traveled 6058 miles since recondition. It was recently recommissioned (under our ownership) by Christchurch Jaguar / Daimler specialists – John Finlay Motors.
- Matching Numbers car.
- This vehicle has a presence. It is simply beautiful both to look at and to drive.
- Its V8 pulls strongly, with a throaty, 40-a-day rasp, and is a delight on highways.
- Jack, spare wire wheel and classic knock of Thor Hammer available with car.
- Ten actual owners from new with some traders in between. One family owned for just under 26 years (from 1987 till 2005). Then a lady in Christchurch owned it for 5 years.
A really posh way to travel – this car is an astounding find.
Beautiful to be chauffer driven in. An inspirational Daimler of concours quality throughout. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Car will be sold warranted and registered if sold in New Zealand.
SHIPPING / TRANSPORT CAN BE ORGANISED ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry