1959 Cadillac Coupe De Ville
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"I had been looking for a classic car for a while, when a friend suggested Waimak Classic Cars,he purchased his MGB from them a few years earlier and was totally satisfied. I searched their stock on the internet and found a lovely classic. I was going to fly down from Auckland to view it, but after talking to Jesmond as to the condition, decided to buy it sight unseen. Gloria organised the shipping and when it arrived it was exactly as Jesmond had described. If you're looking for a quality classic you can't go wrong with Jesmond & Gloria at Waimak, I highly recommend 100%."Dave Snell, Manly, Auckland, New Zealand
I think its fair to state, that few cars represent the height of American auto indulgence more than the 1959 Cadillac!
Also well known to having the largest tail fins in automotive history. When it was new, it was THE futuristic car to get!
The huge fins evoked the excitement of the Space Age.
As far as luxury and performance, it was and still is a terrific car.
Great horsepower, smooth 4 speed transmisson. Power windows, steering, seat, antenna and a Wonder Bar radio! Air-Conditioning too!
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Chassis 59J101651
- This car can best be described as a good tidy example. Not concours or mint but tidy and usable...and price reflects condition.
- Excellent driver - smooth, comfortable and a sweet running motor.
- I've been driving this for a few weeks now and hand on heart - its an experience to be remembered.
- Smooth automatic transmission, power steering and power brakes.
- Sumptuous interior, as one would expect from a Caddy, in good factory original order - no tears in the upholstery, no spots, no cigarette burns, no nothing.
- Interior space is generous and the one-piece front bench seat is quite comfortable.
- That beautiful Caddy motor always fires up at the first try and runs gently after that.
- Power delivery is very smooth, with its big engine pulling willingly and strongly all the time.
- The big V8 under the hood sure makes itself felt and heard - and what a wonderful noise it is. There's nothing like the sound of an old, pre-emission control, American carbureted V8. It's music to the ears of an enthusiast, that growling and hammering of sheer big-displacement engine power.
- Putting the pedal to the metal sets the big Caddy in motion so violently, that the softly sprung front end would rise alarmingly, the long, long hood pointing upwards to the sky - it feels like a catapult start, accelerating with contemptuous ease.
- This 59 Caddy handles well for such a huge car with a very conventional suspension designed for maximum comfort. In fact, the 59 had all the ingredients of a much more modern car and compares favorably to more modern 70's American cars. These Cadillac were many years ahead of their time whether it be handling, braking, ride and comfort. Very impressive indeed.
- Imported from a dry US State (we understand California) - good straight body with nice paintwork.
- Mechanically sound.
- Various cracks on dashboard, as can be seen on photos.
- Spare wheel, jack etc available with car.
So there you have it - a nice, usable and desirable 59 big fin Caddy for your enjoyment. Use as is or restore - your call but fun never the less.
As described above, its not a concours car and we are not selling it as that but it will be sold with a fresh VTNZ WOF on sale and 12 months Registration.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry