1958 Rover 90 P4
Call Us On
Share With Friends
The Rover P4 series was a group of saloon cars produced from 1949 through to 1964 designed by Gordon Bashford.
The P4 designation is factory terminology for the group of cars and was not in day-to-day use by ordinary owners, who would have said simply that they had a "Rover 90" and so on.
The 90 was a popular car with the well-heeled in this country - doctors, lawyers, and of course, farmers. With its slab-sided solidity and imposing grille, the P4 attracted the nickname 'Auntie Rover'.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- A VERY NICE & RELIABLE car indeed. This is a car that retains the pedigree of its colonial days.
- One must sense the quality in this car – solid , well engineered; the way it starts, the gear shift, the walking stick handbrake, the beautiful tool kit, the leather seats, the comfort, its smoothness, its quietness – all you can hear when driving this car is the ticking of the clock – very impressive indeed.
- Sixty-Five years on and you can still appreciate and enjoy the distinctiveness of Rover engineering epitomised in long forgotten devises such as the free wheel system – an economy devise, which also enabled one to change gear without using the clutch.
- This car is one of the finest and most original examples around.
- The interior is leather and is new (2022).
- Wood is beautiful. New carpets (replaced 2020)
- All instruments works like when the car left the factory.
- All doors shut nicely. The body is straight with no rust. The paint is in beautiful order.
- Recent work include total refurbishment of the brake system, Electronic ignition, Brake booster replaced with modern fitting, HT Leads replaced as well as plugs, Tune and service and new battery.
- A gentleman's car in every respect - this Auntie Rover assumes the character of British civility and refinement and is certainly NOT TO BE MISSED.
- Car will be sold with a new VTNZ WOF and twelve month registration if sold in New Zealand and a fully paid one year Rover Club Membership.
SHIPPING CAN BE ARRANGED FOR OUR OVERSEAS CLIENTS & TRANSPORT THROUGHOUT NEW ZEALAND CAN BE ORGANISED ON BUYER'S BEHALF.
At Waimak Classic Cars, we have been privately collecting classic cars and memorabilia for a number of years.
Our contacts extend throughout New Zealand, Australia, the UK and in various parts of the world.
If you have anything to sell or if you are looking for that something special, we're always happy to talk cars!
Viewing STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.