1953 Alvis 3.0ltr
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Hi Jesmond and Gloria , I am very impressed with the very professional way you conducted the recent sale of my treasured Classic Car for me. Your communications , assistance , your web site and courteous manner were exemplary at all times . You have both been a pleasure to deal with . Many Thanks ."Terry Moses, Masterton, New Zealand
Although the TA21 looked very similar to the TA14, it was a bit of a quiet engineering revolution.
Its centre section was carried over from the TA 14, but new, more rounded wings with rear wheel covers and fared-in headlamps were fitted, bringing the styling up to date.
Under the skin the TA21 benefited from new hydraulic brakes and independent coil-sprung front suspension. The TA21 featured this independent front suspension and remained unchanged for years. However, the major revolution was under the bonnet, where Alvis’ all-new 3.0-litre engine straight-six – with twin carburetors on all but the first few – was fitted.
It was smooth and powerful, and added a new dimension to Alvis. By the time the TA evolved into the TC21/100 'Grey lady' in 1953, it had transformed into a 100mph car.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- If you are interested in a TA21, rest assured that it’s not easy to find a good one. There are not many left to start with, especially in Lil Ol' New Zealand.
- Wherever we go with it, this car always gets lots of attention. We bought the car around March / April 2020.
- The car is in excellent condition mechanically. It runs perfectly with no issues, and the brakes are very good.
- The leather interior is absolutely stunning and in exceptional order.
- The wood is beautiful and in Like New condition.
- Other than that, there is not a great deal of history with the car. The main work was carried out by the previous owner for 13 years, who we understand carried out some engine work and refurbished upholstery. In respect of the bodywork and chassis, there are no rust problems. We stripped this car down to bare metal (see photos) and pretty much started again. It was a big job, so the paintwork is stunning and new.
- This is a genuine, classy saloon in stunning condition, beautiful in two tone paint with the most beautiful leather interior, with a feeling of great opulence, heater works, woodwork is stunning and has a working sunroof. Engine is sweet and powerful, ride is excellent and progress is serene and rapid if required.
A rare car to find in new Zealand - a well cared for, well priced example ready to be enjoyed.
The Alvis Car and Engineering Company Ltd was a British manufacturing company in Coventry from 1919 to 1967. In addition to automobiles designed for the civilian market, the company also produced racing cars, aircraft engines, armoured cars and other armoured fighting vehicles.
Worth noting is that this iconic marque has not left the building: in fact, it has just started making cars again and so these older original examples will only appreciate in value.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.