1932 Ford V8 Roadster
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"I have, for many years, hankered after a Saab 900 Classic (pre 94) Convertible. For good measure the car needed to be a manual transmission. This model is very thin on the ground in New Zealand but I was lucky enough to spot one that turned out to be from Waimak Classic Cars. Buying a car unseen from 1500 km away was made very easy by Jesmond and Gloria. An inspection was quickly arranged and completed, and was accurate. Excellent communications made me feel very comfortable with the deal and now I have the vehicle I must say it is fantastic - exactly as described and promised.I highly recommend Waimak Classic Cars should you be in the market for such things."Stuart, Auckland, New Zealand
In 1932 Ford released their seminal ‘Deuce’ which was the foundation for the hot-rod industry.
This was motivated by Ford first production V8 engine which was available in all the body styles.
The V8 model was marketed as a variant of the Model B known as the Model 18, but the V8 name resonated more and became the most widely used name.
Many body styles were available for the V8 including desirable configurations such as the 3-Window Coupe, 5-Window Coupe, 2-Door Roadster, and 2-Door Cabriolet.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- HISTORY - This Ford Roadster has had quite a life.
- It was sold new into Hawkes Bay the year after the devastating Napier earthquake and when NZ joined the rest of the World in the Great Depression. Times were tough, and farmers were unable to afford, or even able to source work vehicles, and so the roadster body was - like so many in that era - cut down to a truck in 1935. In later years, more of the body was discarded, favouring a more practical colonial-type closed cab pick-up. The Vehicle stayed with the same family and eventually was relegated purely for work on a smallholding sheep farm. The 32 had sentimental value to the family and many offers were turned down. Eventually, future generations did a restoration of sorts, whilst retaining it as a pick-up., complete with a flat bed tray.
- Finally, the car was sold circa 3 years ago. From there, a plan was hatched, and a reproduction roadster body was ordered from Magoo's Street Rods - a long time Brookville Roadster distributor. Magoos was commissioned to undertake the restoration. Magoos were responsible for the strip down and reassembly. Was nice to see car still had the original 90 year old fenders before it was sprayed in Washington Blue with black fenders. Exactly the same colour scheme that the roadster was originally painted in. New bumpers ad other accessories were fitted, but some of the original patina, like the grill shell emblem and headlights, were retained for authenticity of the vehicle.
- Magoos sourced a rebuilt 1936, which looks similar to 32 V8 with the water pumps in the heads but is a more reliable motor with better cooling.
- In case you were wondering, what was left of the old pick up cab didnt go to waste either - it now resides as part of the art in an award winning garden in Wanganui.
- Magoos imported and fitted a Cartouche interior kit and cloth top.
- Only traveled 360 Miles since restoration.
This car is ABSOLUTELY MINT - a Stunning Example that goes spectacularly well. First to see will Buy.
Its also a sound investment. To shed some perspective on price, a beautifully restored example (Won Best In Class at Pebble beach) recently sold at auction for USD319K - makes our one a bargain ;)
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered IF sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.