1931 Hudson Greater Eight
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"A short note of appreciation for the manner, knowledge and quiet enthusiasm you showed towards ourselves when deciding to sell our old '64' Classic Car. Your approach is one of confidence within the Classic Car Industry plus the bonus of nationwide and global contacts helped attain a very rewarding outcome for ourselves. We have no hesitation in recommending your services to other people."Margaret & Miles Jacob, Christchurch, New Zealand
The Hudson Greater Eight was a premium line of automobiles produced by the Hudson Motor Car Company of Detroit, Michigan during 1931 and 1932.
The Greater Eight was the successor to the Hudson Great Eight and its name was intended to imply that the new model was "Greater" than its predecessor.
Hudson offered the Greater Eight as a sedan, coupe, or roadster, and fitted the new cars with an inline eight engine.
Production of the Hudson Greater Eight lasted until 1932 and there would not be many left in existence today.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Chassis 35100CWK1
- Engine 32845
- Personalised Number Plate GR8R8
- Looks like total distance traveled from new is 102360 miles.
- 5 owners on record.
- This is a VERY RARE vehicle. It was originally imported new into New Zealand especially for the Japanese Embassy in Wellington.
- Its further history is not known - we know that it was restored in Whangarei and that the motor was reconditioned in more recent years.
- This car has completed the 1992 Pan Pacific Rally in Palmerston North without a hitch and since been on many outings, including the Far North safari a few years ago.
- Original Certificate Of Registration Available
- We purchased this car in Christchurch where it has been dry stored for many years.
- Recently got it running again and she drives well.
- Recent recommissioning work include tuning, brakes, wheel balancing, cleaned all fuel lines and fuel tank and servicing.
- This is a truly stunning vintage car - immaculate straight body, beautiful paintwork and luxurious interior.
- Wheels were painted white when we got it - we restored them back to period correct in natural stained wood.
We understand this to be the only 1931 Hudson Greater Eight on the road in New Zealand today.
It is in beautiful condition and we're sure that it will give many more pleasurable miles in the future.
Great for Art Deco...Great Family Fun...Great Investment Vehicle!
This car will be sold WOF'd and registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.