1928 Singer Senior Sports (Regent)
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"My wife and I recently flew to Christchurch from Auckland to view one of Waimak Cars we were interested in purchasing. 1965 Rover P5. We found Jesmond to be professional, friendly and extremely easy to deal with. He made us feel totally welcome and at ease. Viewing his large collection of wonderful classic and vintage cars was a very enjoyable experience and a privilege Once we decided to purchase the Rover, Jesmond took care of all the paperwork and made all the arrangements to transport the vehicle to us. He was very accommodating. Any one looking to purchase a genuine classic or vintage vehicle we highly recommend using Waimak Cars and would certainly use them in the future if the need arises. Thank you Jesmond for your hospitality and for making our purchase an enjoyable experience."Colin & Carol Gussey, Auckland, New Zealand
A Joy to behold and a Joy to drive!
Well made and finished car with good all round performance. Singer Motors Limited was a British motor vehicle manufacturing business, originally a bicycle manufacturer founded as Singer & Co by George Singer, in 1874 in Coventry, England.
In the late 1880's George Singer, cycle manufacturer of Coventry, sold one of his machines to the Queen of Portugal and from then until the demise of the marque his name has been associated with quality both in his motor cycles and later still, his cars.
It was around 1912-13 that Singers hit the headlines in a really big way with the introduction of the ‘Ten’, a two seater with a channel-steel chassis, four cylinder engine and a gearbox incorporated in the back axle. Offering great reliability (and 40 miles to the gallon), with a practical size of engine and body, the ‘Ten’ broke right away from the air-cooled, chain driven cyclecar so popular at the time and was, in effect, Britain's first big car in miniature.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Chassis#: S23370
- VCC #: VV3938
- This car was fully restored with 1920's style boat tail aluminum, ash and ply body. Its got a push rod cross flow engine, re bored and new pistons fitted by Precision Regrinds Tahunanui. SU carburetor, 3 speed right hand change gearbox. Comes with near new old- stock tires. Relined clutch. Prop shaft U.J Conversion. Upholstery by Nelson Auto Trimmers. All new bearings, bushes, brakes, wiring. Rebuilt over three years - used for two years.
- IMMACULATE - only 14346 miles since rebuilt.
- Cruises at 40 to 45 MPH -top speed quite a bit more.
- Wheelbase is 9 feet - very stable vintage car.
- No side screens.
- No early history but we know that it was in Christchurch New Zealand as a project in 1994. It was in Nelson in 1996 and in Timaru between 2002 until 2014. Then in Christchurch again to date.
- Comes with original, rebuilt 12 volt starter
- Mechanical rod operated brakes on all four wheels. Separate rod system for handbrake for rear wheels.
- 21" Sankey steel wheels in good condition
- Spare wheel and factory operating manual.
- Various historic record and notes available with car.
A very usable and drivable vintage car, that you will fall in love with as soon as you start it. Easy to maintain and lots of fun. Great value here.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
SHIPPING / LOCAL TRANSPORT CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.