Wind Back Time
Ford Escort MK1 RS2000 1974
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Dear Gloria and Jesmond, we are very happy with our recently purchased Daimler Sovereign and thank you for the helpful and supportive way you have enabled us to complete the purchase transactions. For us, this was the first time we bought sight unseen. It was also the first time we have used a transporter to convey our our purchase home. Needless to say, the vehicle, on arrival, was found to be in the excellent condition relative to age which we had come to anticipate. So far, whenever we have used it, complimentary comments have been in evidence. We look particularly look forward to being able to allow our grandchildren to travel safely on the rear seat. The anticipation of our future vintage motoring experience is palpable!"Peter & Rosalie Donovan, Whakatane, New Zealand
Escortosis – a strange and terrible disease effecting literally thousands of men throughout the world. The symptoms are easy to recognise – an obsession with Ford's small rear wheel drive family car of the 1960's and 1970's ABOUT THIS CAR
- This is a 1974 Ford Escort RS 2000 (Replica).
- It has been modified from an Original Escort 1300 Sport (GT).
- Panel & Paintwork was done by Bruce Raxworthy of Christchurch. Car had a complete repaint and body was completely paint stripped with minor rust areas repaired along the way with any other areas of 40 plus years of life.
- Rear Brakes Converted to Disk Brakes
- Single Leaf semi elipticle rear spring (per side)
- Panhard rod
- Battery in Boot
- Electric fuel pump (in boot)
- Mild cam grind (sport)
- Front race seats (rear seat trimmed to match)
- Half rollcage mounts only fitted
- Electric windows
- Kill switch
- Sierra 5 speed gearbox
- 2.5 inch Exhaust front to rear
- 6 Dial instrument cluster
- Fully reconditioned 2.0ltrr Sierra engine – which has only done about 800 kms since startup, & is therefore not quite finished being run in
- Catch can / crankcase breather system
- Twin Dellorto 45mm side draft carbs
- Fully adjustable front suspension
- Wilwood front brake disk conversion
- Strut top plate strengthening plates
- Electric engine cooling fan
- The interior, engine bay and boot have also been painted on satin black, along with the underside of the car.
- Fully certified by Don Hoff of Christchurch
- Also along with the reconditioned engine, various other mechanical components have been repaired or replaced, such as:
- All relays
- Fuel Hoses
- Fuel Filter
- Fuel Pump
- Distributor & Pertronic Conversion
- Complete Clutch Assembly
- Heater & Hoses
- Exhaust System
- Wheels & Tyres
- Door and Boot Seals
- Radiator & Hoses
- Rechromed Bumpers
- New NGK plug leads
It is hard to believe that a car can have such a hold on the minds of men but no doubt, the Ford Escort remains one of the most influential cars of the last Century. No expense spared on this car – would have to be one of the nicest examples in New Zealand.
PRICE FIRM. Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
This car is in Beautiful Condition throughout. Transport / Shipping can be organised on Buyer's Behalf at Buyer's Cost.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.