1986 BMW 525e
Call Us On
Share With Friends
The BMW E28 5 Series entered production in 1981 and continued for a further six years until December 1987, during which time over 720,000 cars were built.
The entry level 518 was the only car in the range to feature a carburetor engine, and only then until 1984, whereas the rest sported both Motronic and Jetronic fuel injected units. The E28 replaced the aging E12, which had been in service since 1972 and had begun to look dated. Unlike its more basic predecessor, the E28 featured all mod cons including power windows, power seats and even a trip computer.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This is an amazing car - its condition is outstanding. We posted around a 100 photos for one to get an appreciation of whats on offer here.
- Starts, runs and drives beautifully - car is so tight, it literally feels like a new car.
- Pedantically maintained, servicing and maintenance records by BMW outfits go way back - so nice to see a car with such provenance.
- Mechanically winding sunroof, power windows, air condition
- Exceptionally tidy, ORIGINAL condition, NZ New car with fully documented BMW dealership service history from 1991 to present.
- Everything works as it should and drives like new with a very smooth quiet drive line.
- Straight, rust free body with beautiful paintwork.
- Good tires - factory jack and tool kit, owners manual etc
- Simply Immaculate.
This is a lot of car for your money and cheap to maintain if you’re on a budget.
A clean low spec example like this one is not easy to come by and most have been cosseted by elderly owners.
Low mileage mint cars, like this one are mostly snapped-up quickly. It pays to buy the best example you can afford, as it’s easy to sink a small fortune into correcting bodywork.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.