1961 Jaguar MK2 3.8 M/O
Call Us On
Share With Friends
It's unusual to find a face-lifted car that's better looking than the car it was designed to replace but Jaguar managed this unusual feat, with the Mark 1 replacement.
Not many other cars can claim to have built a reputation in as many ways as the Mark 2 Jag has. From stints as a star car of television, a race car driven by the likes of Sir Stirling Moss, to an infamous bank robber's getaway vehicle of choice, it is perhaps one of the most iconic British cars of the 1960's and is remembered fondly by many.
Though a lot of Mk2s have fallen into disrepair, its lasting influence on enthusiasts has kept its fans at the front lines of preserving this bastion of British culture, keeping the remaining good ones from going extinct.
Without resorting to too many cliches in the process, Jaguar created the most iconic '60s sports saloon of them all and it's with the 3.8-litre Mk2 - that Jaguar created a legend.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Manual with Overdrive.
- Original Tool Kit, Jack, spare wheel etc.
- Straight rust free body with beautiful, flawless paintwork.
- Leather interior in very good order.
- Beautiful woodwork.
- Chrome wire wheels on good tires.
- Drives beautifully - this car feels different to driving a standard MK2 - its more like driving a go-cart with lowered suspension, Triple SU carburettors, Full synchro box with overdrive, 10 to 1 compression, XJ6 Disk Brakes, Precision Power Steering from a Series 3...Oh, and that stainless steel exhaust note is music to one's ears.
- Engine was reconditioned by Jaguar specialist Alex Copeland of Temuka (records available) and done very few miles since.
- Serviced and maintained over the years by John Finlay Motors (Jaguar Specialists) in Christchurch (Receipts available).
- All modifications / improvements are Low Volume Certified.
- Car has recently been fully and professionally repainted (photos available) and is here being presented in STUNNING CONDITION!
- Previous owner 22+ years.
- Comes with Black Plates.
- It is possible that this Vehicle may have had some racing history here in NZ but do not have anything to show or prove on this.
Versatile beauty and with a 125mph top speed and throttle adjustable handling, the 3.8 became the saloon of choice for enthusiastic drivers.
Responsive as a sports car, the 3.8 is tailored for family driving and is considered the best of all Mark 2's, and rising market values reflect this.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.