1958 Jaguar XK150 OTS
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"I started dealing with Jesmond several months before finally purchasing from him. Being my first purchase, I was careful and perhaps even pedantic, but Jesmond was patient and gave sage advice. There's a couple of things about him. Firstly he's completely honest - and in this world, that's not common! And secondly, he knows his cars, which gives a buyer absolute confidence. The car was exactly as he said it was. The delivery went ahead without fault and arrived in Auckland from Christchurch within 48 hours! Thank you Jesmond, I appreciate the quality of both your service and the cars you have on offer."Kevin Chappell, Auckland, New Zealand
One of the 1950s most iconic cars, the Jaguar XK series have always had a strong following and are in strong demand.
As the final model in the XK production line, the 150 made several technological advances over the XK120 and XK140 models, and provided a longer and wider cockpit area which accommodates a larger and taller driver more comfortably.
The XK150 was the first successful mass produced car with four wheel disc brakes and also the first Jaguar roadster equipped with wind up windows. The top (hood) of the OTS collapses completely, to be stored behind the seats.
In total, just 2265 150 Roadsters were produced, (considerably less than in the 120 or 140 series), of which there are thought to be less than 1500 remaining worldwide today.
These 150 OTS’s, are therefore reasonably rare, with only around 7 in New Zealand.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- ABSOLUTELY MINT
- This has just 54,700 original miles on the speedo.
- It was a one owner car in the USA before its import into New Zealand in 1996.
- The original ownership papers are with the car, signed off by the original owner in 1995, when sold to the NZ buyer.
- The car was completely restored in the North Island of New Zealand, and returned to the road (first registered in NZ) in 2010, with less than 45,000 original miles on the clock.
- Last owner continued to fettle the car further over the past 14 years.
- The engine was completely overhauled in 2015 as the result of an incorrect oil filter gasket being fitted, resulting in bearing failure. The cost of this work was over $15,000, with all moving parts renewed or refurbished, for which there are full receipts.
- This XK 150, 3.4lt DOHC straight 6, SE unit (Special Equipment) is fitted with special SE modified “B Type” head with big valves similar to that fitted to the D Type Le Mans winning cars, twin 1.75-inch (44 mm) SU HD6 carburetors. Together they boosted the power to 210 SAE bhp at 5500 rpm.
- Steering is by rack and pinion, with four-wheel Dunlop 12 in (305 mm) disk-brakes appearing for the first time.
- All other numbered parts are also original to the car and match the patent plate records.
- The gearbox is the original close ratio, SE type, with electric overdrive on top gear.
- This is a beautiful and rare car which turns heads and creates tremendous interest where ever it goes.
- It has a fantastic exhaust note under acceleration, reminiscent of the great racing cars of the 50’s.
- Comes with many records, parts, tool kit, handbooks etc
This is a gorgeous car in outstanding condition.
Condition is hard to beat. In fact, we challenge you to find a better one :)
Would appeal to someone who wants a really mint, low mileage example.
Car will be sold WOF'd and registered.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing By Appointment only!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.