Wind Back Time
1983 Mercedes 380SL
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Having purchased two cars from Jesmond and Gloria, we can't thank them enough for their service and warm and friendly approach to the transactions. Both cars were purchased sight unseen having total confidence in Jesmond's description, detail and assurances that the cars as presented on their web site were every bit as good as they looked, if not better… and they were. Jesmond is totally professional in his approach and true to his word in all aspects of the sale. Gloria is an absolute delight to work with in handling the logistics and transportation arrangements. If you are looking for a quality classic car look no further than Waimak Classic Cars”!"Murray & Anne, Auckland, New Zealand
A Mercedes Benz is engineered like no other car in the world.
Its safe to state that about the only thing as valuable as today's Mercedes Benz is yesterday's Mercedes Benz and what do you get when you blend a Mercedes Benz with a sports car? That's right, the incomparable 380SL. Engineers not stylists are the heroes of Mercedes Benz and their aim to build safe, comfortable, high performance cars with as few imperfections as possible has certainly paid off and history has proved that.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Three owners in New Zealand
- Imported in New Zealand from the USA – first registered in New Zealand in 1992
- Well presented vehicle in very nice condition throughout
- Upholstery & Interior in beautiful order
- Structurally sound, Good body, nice paint.
- Mechanically sound – nice V8 to drive.
- 1983 models had recalibrated engines and transmission for improved performance and fuel economy. The 380 was a replacement for the 450SL and apart from the reduction in engine capacity, the smaller V8 was all-alloy instead of cast-iron and much lighter as a result. This had benefits in performance and fuel economy. It also gained a four-speed automatic transmission – a much better thing all round.
- The entire car has a solid feel despite its age and displays minimal scuttle (windscreen frame) shake which is testament to the chassis strength.
- It has a manually retractable vinyl roof and a hefty hard top is also available, complete with a pagoda style roof.
- Hard top & Soft Top – both are in very good condition
- The interior features a massive steering wheel and compact "cockpit" style dash, woodgrain console and chrome.
- Good tyres, Good battery
- A beautiful car to drive.
- And for those of you who think this car has high mileage, Mercedes-Benz first introduced the High Mileage Award in the 1960s to recognize the many Mercedes-Benz vehicles that routinely travel hundreds of thousands of miles – some even eclipsing the million-mile mark! The current Mercedes-Benz High Mileage champ is Gregorios Sachinidis, a Greek taxi driver who holds the known record of more than 2.8 million miles in his 1976 Mercedes-Benz 240D.
The Mercedes Benz philosophy in the 80's precluded annual styling changes and the mass production of inexpensive cars. As a result, even a young Mercedes Benz saloon of the time, for example, commanded over 70% of its original price. And the older they get, Mercedes SL's get even more expensive.
These cars are great investment value and its no wonder that they are considered an appreciating asset.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.