Wind Back Time
Austin Mini Cooper MK1 1967
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Wow, what can I say! It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with you in the recent purchase of our classic car. You went over and above to ensure everything was 100% with the vehicle before taking possession, and we could not be happier with the car, so thankyou very much! The tour through your building was a highlight for my parents, reminiscing about the Jaguar days all those years ago. They will not forget the day and your hospitality. I dont think this will be our last purchase from WCC."Matt Withers, Rangiora, New Zealand
Some say you should never meet your heroes, especially when it comes to classic cars.
The Mini's road-holding and lively handling¦few could have predicted the sensation set off by a tiny, quirky, front-wheel-drive hatchback with an engine mounted sideways and a suspension that literally relied on big, cone-shape pieces of rubber.
Even designer Alec Issignosis was blown away by the Mini's popularity. Committed to the notion of the Mini as an everyman's car, Issigonis initially resisted the idea of tuning the car for racing but eventually yielded after seeing a prototype from race-car builder John Cooper. (Cooper's Formula 1 cars had won the constructors' championship in 1959 and 1960.) Cooper S production began in 1963.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Years Produced 1967-1971
- Number Sold 6,329
- This car is Chassis #: C-A2S7/933840 and despite the badging, it is NOT a stock Cooper S.
- Motor – Car would have come out with a 998cc Austin Cooper motor. Engine on car is a 12755cc bored out to 1330cc. A Plus Block / Flat Top Pistons / Cooper S Crankshaft and Conrods / MK1 Cooper S Head / Double Valve Springs / Twin Fuel Tanks Standard Rockers / Dellorto 45mm carb / Pipercross Filters / 300 degree Lynn Rogers Camshaft / 6 point rollcage welded + bolted and much more to mention here. More information on motor available.
- Clutch – Paddle Clutch – Gray Diaphram
- Gearbox – A Series remote gearbox with four synchro, straight cut, close ratio quick shift and reverse lockout.
- Quaife Limited Slip Disff 3.75/1 final drive
- Sump guard
- Exhaust – LCB free flow maniflow
- Adjustable Koni shocks
- Fully adjustable suspension / ride height / camber / castor. Rose jointed bottom arms x rayed for certification.
- Brakes – Cooper S 7.5” calipers / slotted disks / braded hoses / booster etc
- A stock Cooper S's estimated value today would be around NZD45K but despite the Cooper S's motorsports reputation, which famously included wins in the Rallye Monte Carlo in 1964, 1965, and 1967, few unmolested examples remain.
- This car is in very good overall condition – good body / paint etc.
- This car comes with a competition log book,some racing history and a list of modifications available, including engine, gearbox etc – all this can be made available on request (too much information to mention here).
- Motorsport Certificate of Description issued 08/09/2000 Number COD1326.
- A real fun car to drive.
For all of its performance and personality, this car still seems humble. It's an honest instrument of functional practicality. Like most things people can't help but love, the Mini Cooper S's source of coolness is that it never tries too hard.
BMC really did reinvent the people's car when it introduced the Mini in August 1959, and BMC and Alec Issigonis won the Dewar Trophy for this space- and fuel-efficient design as a result. The Mini became the template for future economy cars.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.