1985 ALFA ROMEO GTV-6
Call Us On
Share With Friends
Alfa Romeo's last truly innovative car, the Alfetta GTV 6, oozed luxury and motor sport pedigree.
It ticked all the boxes; A classic rear wheel drive experience, something I could occasionally use on the track but comfortable enough for daily use.
The GTV 6 is one of my favourite cars. Styled by Giorgetto Giugiaro. The same designer responsible for the previous Alfa 105 GTV albeit under the studio name Bertone.
Alfa Romeo is renowned for pioneering the highest performance cars embodied in the most beautiful bodies and the Alfetta was no different, injected with Formula 1 tech. Torsion bar front suspension, de Dion rear suspension, twin plate clutch, rear mounted gear box, inboard rear brakes, and the Busso designed 2.5L V6 engine. No other car in the segment rivaled this much innovation. It had Porsche 944's whimpering in the corner.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Driving it - The engine barks with each downshift, ricocheting off nearby surfaces. The brake pedal sinks into the footwell, pinching the front left momentarily into the corner. Weight galloping onto the front axle, the car gently begins to rotate. Modulating the throttle around the bend the steering becomes feather light and delicate. Slung low to the ground like a kitten pouncing on a piece of string, the car scours all over the surface for traction. It's the classic rear wheel drive experience coupled with an Italian aura of passion. The more the car is driven the better it behaves with zero reliability concerns.
- Spare keys, spare wheel, jack all come with car.
- Service history available. Cambelts and water pump done July 2020 at 87305kms.
- Clean, straight rust free body with good original paint.
- Healthy Motor - starts first pop, runs and drives well.
- Good tires, battery etc.
- Very tidy usable example - weekend car or daily driver you choose.
These are great cars that will only go up in value. Our advise is to buy the best condition car you can find and this one is pretty well sorted. Lots of fun and that engine note just sounds awesome - hard to beat actually.
It's tricky to avoid the age ol' Alfa Romeo cliche of passion, emotion and romance, but that's exactly it. These Alfa's aren't perfect by any stretch, but it's all those Alfa imperfections that make them a challenging sensuous experience with no shortage of dramatic Italian personality.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.